Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

For what it's worth..........

Blind Bigot

Having just read the posts below and I hope you don't mind me adding my two-penny-worth?

In my brief time following the Fleet I've experienced every emotion - The ecstasy of promotion, and now this – the agony of disharmony and dysfunction. Yes sure, people have a right to voice their views but I can't help feeling things are getting a bit too heated.

In truth, the momentum and euphoria of promotion looks like it's finally ground to a halt. What are we to do? Blame the manager? The players? The club cat?

Past experience tells me that by far and away the most valuable thing at a football club is unity, with everyone pulling together. If you have unity and 'common cause' at the centre of things then you have a platform for progress. Once that's established then determination, honesty and realism are also key factors for the future!

What we must do is stop feeling sorry for ourselves and unite behind the club n' manager and create positive vibes. No one likes being beaten 0-4 at home or propping up the division but that's the reality of it.

I say it's still early days yet - so lets keep it positive and try turn things around. If a new manager is the answer then so be it but lets give Andy the support his past successes deserve.

C'mon you Fleeeeeeeeeet!

BB

And we only have to look at Huddersfield for an example of how everyone pulled together - attendances remained good, even in your bad times, BB - alright you were relegated last year, but the fans still seem to be strongf behind the club, and even if it turns out we go down again this season, which I still dont believe we will, its not the end of the world, as some seem to be suggesting.

The main thing I learned from the horrendous happens at Huddersfield Town this summer was to never give up! Even when ALL seems lost and hopeless. As a result my approach to being a fan has changed radically.

We've discovered 'real truths', such as, without us 'the fans' football clubs are 'nothing' - if we don't show up or become 'all negative' the club goes into a downward spiral and ultimately goes bust 'simple'! We have the real power, never mind owners or directors etc. AND very importantly negativity amongst the fans transmits to the players big style. There were some away games last season where we out-number the home fans BUT we were giving off 'negative' vibes - defeated before we even took the field. It has taken a 'fright' of monumental proportions to rid us of this mentality. When we all came to our senses we were even prepared to start over again in the Northern Counties East League so our club would live. - Fortunately things took a turn for the better when a rescue package was agreed but not without real heart stopping moments. These are important lessons and no mistake!

My point is - I know Fleet aren't in anywhere near the situation that 'Town' were in (still are really) but bottom line is - OK, if Andy and his team don't deliver then ultimately they should go BUT please give em' a fair chance and above all keep positive! Give them your all! The alternative is possible heartache!!!!!!!

BB

Mr Blind Bigot, sir, I know exactly where you're coming from. As I posted on another thread, I witnessed the demise of Dartford many years ago who were in the same position as the Fleet are now and much the same things happened. There are obviously mixed opinions as to what should happen at Stonebridge Road and everyone is entitled to their opinion and should be allowed to express their opinion. However, it is the manner of the protests so far that I object to and BB's comments along with my own experiences show that an openly negative 'sack the manager' and 'what a load of rubbish' campaign (hasn't happened yet but just wait) only leads to a quicker downfall of the club you are supposed to be supporting. Weren't there huge protests at Upton Park last season along the same lines? What happened? WHUFC relegated. I'm not saying that was the cause, I'm saying outwardly agressive protests do nothing to HELP the cause. The Club forum is likely to be a monthly occurence so that is the real place to take your grieviences. Or, for that matter, in the bar after the game when everyone has an opportunity to say what they need to directly to the manager's/player's face.