Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

• Photo
      24 Jun
    hollower

RT @RussWWFC: Remember seeing Jordan Pickford play for Darlington against Hayes & Yeading in 2012 when Hayes won 3-2 in a great game. Come…

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 24-June 18 )

• Photo
    mincey1

• Photo
    sparks

• Photo
    waynerooney

• Photo
    coolrunnings

• Photo
    NYGiants1978

Photo

Braintree Game

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
6 replies to this topic

offline Phil Old Boy

Phil Old Boy
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Well all we can do is try to win and see what happens. Going to be a lot of nerves all round at both games. Even if we draw it might still be good enough, although G&N seem to get the right results away from home. Concentrating on our game, we beat Braintree 3-2 at home and was glad to hear the final whistle. Braintree had a lot of men back and they tried to soak up pressure early on but we created some good goals. We got punished however in the later stages where Braintree hit us on the counter, (although Dicksy&#8217;s legs were giving out by then gord bless &#8216;im!). <p>Although we have to concentrate on our game, I am trying to think of the scenario with G&N. Even if they score, they will be so nervous and tentative that one slip and Bedford are in. They will be concentrating just as much on our game. Will it affect them more?<p>All the best lads whatever happens, It&#8217;s been some season, again, from our Canvey island!

offline Hillsy

Hillsy
  • Reserves
I have to also agree what a season it has been for Canvey Island FC<p>3RD FA CUP
Quarter Finals FA Umbro Trophy (Out to maybe the
eventual winners of the Cup)
Essex Senior Cup winners again<p>And hopefully the League as well. We all must remember that this is the first time that Canvey have been in situation at this time of the season in the Premier League.<p>Come on Lads lets get the WIN

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Personally I'd have preferred an early exit from all cups and promotion. However we might just get lucky and have all the cup success AND promotion.

offline Merv

Merv
  • First XI - Sub
  • Supports: Bristol City
  • Foes: Chelmo Urghhhh....
A team could drop out of all the cup competitions and still end up not winning the league.<p>The cup competitions have given the club a massive boost. There was the win at Wigan which led to us being live on BBC MOTD. If I had 20/20 hindsight and could do a straight swap - cup victories for league - I could agree with you. However, not knowing how the season was (is) going to develop, I am happy with the cup success we have had.<p>I could be persuaded to give the Ryman League Cup and Thameside Trophy cups a miss, though.<p>Merv CIFC

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Can't agree. I think advancement up the pyramid is of paramount importance. Cups are great fun and very exciting but very short term. Get to the Conference and do well and you get to be on TV again anyway. It's all about opinions and I can appreciate your point of view though.

offline Pages

Pages
  • Trainee
Remember though that a lot of money is generated through the likes of the FA Cup and i know for certain that its put Canvey Island on the map as so many more people now are familiar with the Yellow Army.<p>Anyway think positive and like you say with any luck results will go our way.<p>Supporters can hardly say they have been bored this season.<p>COME ON THE YELLOWS!

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
although it is true that we may have suffered from our sucsess in the cups (by god we seem to play shít after a big game) would anyone give up the day out we had at wigan, i wouldnt!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus