Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Edwards hails Poole as midfielder leaves Town

FF News

Billericay Town manager Craig Edwards has called Glenn Poole one of his "best ever" signings after the midfielder left the Ryman League club in search of a fresh challenge.

The experienced 34-year-old joined Billericay in December 2011 after spells with Spurs, Yeovil Town, Redbridge, Thurrock, Grays Athletic, Brentford, AFC Wimbledon, Barnet and Braintree Town.

At the end of a campaign that saw the Ryman Premier club reach the Essex Senior Cup final, Poole swept the boards at Billericay's annual awards, winning the players’ and supporters’ player of the season accolades for his performances.

After being contacted over the weekend by Poole to tell him he was leaving New Lodge, Edwards said: "Glenn felt he needed a fresh challenge as he is coming toward the end of his playing days. He has been one of my best ever signings and I owe him plenty for what he has given me over many years.

“I fully expect Glenn to go into a player-coach or player-manager role as it's something he wants to do. It's fitting Glenn has bowed out after such a good season and I'm sure the New Lodge faithful along with myself and everyone at the club wish him well wherever he turns out next season."

Source: www.isthmian.co.uk

Source

Archived