Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 11-December 17 )

• Photo
    Kel

• Photo
    Daz P

• Photo
    Will Graham

• Photo
    Gabriel Phelps

Photo

Attendance

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
7 replies to this topic

offline Alan W (GNFC)

Alan W (GNFC)
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
Less than 3000 was disappointing, but then again, Telford only had 2996 against Brentford and they werent on Sky.

And itt was our favorite attendance figure again - ending in 98 !!!!

offline James

James
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Stupid decision to first make it all ticket and then to limit it to 4 per person so people didnt miss out the only thing that missed out with this decision was the club finances. I saw at least 30 or 40 people being turned away including one poor bloke who had travelled all the way from Nottingham without a ticket. We as a club manage to shot ourselves in the foot everytime we have an opportunity to sell orselves to a wider audience. Still I do think we showed the [****!!****] of a TAMWORTH manager that we are not just a long ball side .

offline Paulo GNFC

Paulo GNFC
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
I think the ticket arrangement was fine and if anyone wanted more than 4 they had every opportunity to get them after the Daggers game. However, as it was not a sell out, there should have been the opportunity to buy at a gate on the day.

As for long ball merchants, didn't we just boot the ball upfield for most of the game, again! Yet the few times neat footie played to feet created our best chances and the goal. We need to do more of it and stop the constant pressure on our back four, especially 2nd half.

offline King Carlos

King Carlos
  • Reserves

I was expecting around 3000 but was still disappointed by the official figure. If tickets had been on sale during the morning of the match or an option to pay on the gate were available I reckon the attendance could have been nearer the 3500 mark possible even more than that.

I do think though that ticket sales could have been handled better and more could have been done to advertise the game locally and this was a chance for the club to capitalise on the occasion by aiming to attract more new support which has been mentioned on here on numerous occasions.

Saying that it was suprising how many people were content to watch the match on sky instead of coming to the ground.

offline Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
It doesn't help much playing long hopeful balls forward when the only player we have who is likely to win the ball in the air and cause a few problems is sitting on the bench.
As for the attendance maybe we just have to accept the fact that we can't fill the ground. I think the ticket sales were well handled to ensure that regular fans got priority unfortunately there wasn't a lot of interest from casual fans to take up the remainder of the tickets.
We should forget about the 1,000 tickets we couldn't sell. There must still have been approx 1,500 Fleet fans on Saturday who don't normally go... they are the people that the club needs to target.

offline Rotten Johnny Shawcraw

Rotten Johnny Shawcraw
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
If it were not on Sky we'd probably have got near enough a full house, can't have your cake and eat it too, the bizzare kick off time would have probably put off any nuetrals.

Why were tickets not on sale before the game, is this some stupid FA rule?

offline Matt (GNFC)

Matt (GNFC)
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Was a strange move with Haworth especially as Andy didnt play him against Scarboro as he didnt want him banned..

offline MHL

MHL
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
It was well meaning but a flawed idea concerning ticketing arrangements.
The attendance was poor because Gravesend is full of plastic Premiership Supporters.

Still there were Casual Fans there and hopefully it gave them a taste for the Fleet, I have been critical of the team but they were superb on Saturday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus