Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Harpenden Town open new facilities

FF News

Harpenden Town FC officially opened their £106,781 clubhouse recently (Saturday 10 October 2015), thanks to a £73,781 grant from the Premier League through the Football Stadia Improvement Fund (FSIF), the largest funders of non-league football in the country.

The funding has enabled the club, who play in Division One of the Spartan South Midlands League, to refurbish their previous facilities, which did not comply with ground grading criteria and were too small for the number of teams playing at club.

Harpenden Town FC’s improved changing facilities comprise two team changing rooms, an officials’ changing room and toilets with disabled access. The new facilities have also allowed the First Team to enter The FA Vase after an absence of 16 years and plans are in place to enter The FA Cup next season.

Funded with £5.2m each year from the Premier League, the FSIF is the country’s largest provider of grants towards projects that help improve the comfort and safety of lower league football grounds in both the professional and amateur game. These improvements range from new football stands and turnstiles to floodlighting and improved provision for disabled supporters.

Kevin Hodge, Harpenden Town FC Vice Chairman, said: “When myself and my neighbour (Roman Motyczak – who is now the chairman) joined the committee two years ago, we were told the club had £15 in the bank – good luck! With a lot of hard work, and thanks to the Football Stadia Improvement Fund grant, we now have a club house that allows Harpenden Town to enter competitions such as The FA Vase and hopefully The FA Cup.

“The facility is a community asset that is used by football fans, youth football, and the local park users. A café has been set up in the clubhouse, which allows the club to generate an income through bacon rolls and coffee, and this will hopefully move the club, and football in Harpenden, to the next level.”

Peter McCormick OBE, Chairman of the Football Stadia Improvement Fund, said: “The Premier League, through the FSIF, has invested into Harpenden Town FC to improve their facilities. Having up-to-date, safe changing rooms is vitally important, and I am pleased to see the vast improvements made to the extended pavilion.

"This development will allow the club to enter The FA Vase, and hopefully The FA Cup next season, and I wish Harpenden Town FC all the best for their upcoming campaigns.”

Source: Football Foundation

Source

Archived