Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tully still believes Truro can win play-off semi final

FF News

Truro City boss Steve Tully says his side can still win promotion from National League South, despite losing 2-0 to Maidstone United in the first leg of their play-off semi-final.

Joe Healey opened the scoring after 27 minutes for the Kent side with an overhead kick from a long throw.Truro-city-football-club

Alex Flisher got the second on 56 minutes after a defensive error.

"We're still in this and I believe that if we win the tie up there we will go up," Tully told BBC Cornwall.

Truro finished fourth in National League South this season, their highest-ever league position, and travel to third-placed Maidstone for the second leg on Sunday.

"I thought we were very nervous and very tentative in the first half, it was a big game for a lot of the players," said Tully.

"But the way we played in the second half, the players were outstanding. The chances we created, it was one of those things that we just didn't get that break in front of goal.

"There's nothing to fear, no-one expected us to be in the play-offs, no-one expected us to be here," added the Truro boss, who guided his side to a win in the Southern Premier League play-offs last season.

"My biggest message to the players was that we won't lose tonight and we won't win tonight, the tie will not be decided until Sunday, there's 90 minutes still to be played and one goal changes everything."

Source: www.bbc.co.uk

Source

Archived