Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Chadwick leaves Yellows for Wigan post

FF News

NPL Football Academy coach Nick Chadwick has left Evo-Stik Northern Premier League Warrington Town to become the new U18s academy coach at Championship Wigan Athletic.

The former Premier League footballer and Blackburn Rovers U15 Academy coach was the first ever academy manager at the Evo-Stik NPL First Division North champions and nick chadwickleaves with the best wishes of both the club and the NPLFA.

Appointed at Cantilever Park in September 2015, Chadwick oversaw the development of the first year students currently on the unique two year education and football programme at the Cheshire club.

An NPLFA spokesman said: “Nick has been excellent throughout his involvement in the NPL Football Academy. He was well respected by his players and fellow coaches in the programme.

"We are sad to see him depart but are excited that he has been given the opportunity to work at such a level and at a fantastic football club where we are sure he will be a huge success."

"It is very satisfying to see both coaches and players move on in the football world, which along with the educational qualifications on offer is what this programme is all about."

Chadwick was not only in charge of the Warrington Town Academy, he was also the NPLFA's first ever Inter-League team manager and guided the representative side to an impressive 2-0 victory over Oldham Athletic's academy stars in May.

Chadwick said: “I have really enjoyed my time at Warrington Town, they are such a progressive club. I would like to thank everyone and wish Warrington and the NPLFA the best of luck in the future.

"The whole concept of the programme is fantastic and it is growing from strength to strength. The quality will continue to rise each year and clubs at this level can really benefit from being involved it’s unique and more and more young players are recognising this.”

Warrington Town chairman Toby Macormac paid tribute to Chadwick as the EVO-STIK NPL First Division North champions prepared to kick off in the top flight next season for the first time following their promotion.

Macormac said: “We are sad to lose Nick, his work with our students last season and the new recruits for next year was fantastic and his professional approach to everything has given us an Academy to build on.

"I know he was looking forward to working with the squad next season with a new group who are very promising but the opportunity to progress to Wigan is one that is too good for Nick to turn down in the development of his coaching career, we all wish him well.”

Source: www.evostikleague.co.uk
Image: www.actionimages.com

Source

Archived