Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Massive shame to lose not just a player of his ability but also a fantastic person. Got to respect him trying to go full time and I hope he makes it. Big blow to the squad this one and only downgrades thus far with Lincoln and now Temi going, but I'm sure Scott was expecting it as he said in the PR on the website so hopefully we have some quality lined up to replace them both.

I have one Junior Rebel that will be very upset when he comes out of school, did prep him earlier in the week though and I'm sure he will have new hero's next season.

Just now, Curtis said:

I thought the club paid a fee for him when he signed, if so, I’m surprised he was only on a one season contract.

As far as I know it's club policy to only offer a one year contract.

So yes we'll dip out on any possibility of a fee.

4 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

I'm sure Scott said if a player leaves it won't be to a club in the NLS.

Hmmmm, not a lot Scott can do about that. It’s up to the player and there are multiple FT clubs in the NLS that we cannot compete with.

5 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

As far as I know it's club policy to only offer a one year contract.

Probably sensible in most cases, but with an improving 24 year old where a transfer fee has been paid?
Unless it was Temi that was insistent on a one season contract.

47 minutes ago, Grant Brown said:

Hmmmm, not a lot Scott can do about that. It’s up to the player and there are multiple FT clubs in the NLS that we cannot compete with.

Please not Farnborough!

2 hours ago, Grant Brown said:

I know he can't do a lot about it but I was basing my view of it being an NL club because off what Scott said.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Curtis said:

I thought there were only six full-time, Yeovil, Maidstone, Havant, Tonbridge, Torquay & Eastbourne….. but if it’s a local club it can’t be any of those.

Curtis, Maidstone, Havant and Tonbridge are not full time.

Maidstone and Havant might be the hybrid version but not full time. 

Edited by Reading Rebel

My guess would be Maidstone then. Pots of money from the cup run.

SF & RR (and anyone else who has an opinion)

I would be interested to understand what you would classify as a professional player.

Would you base it on the amount of time training each week, with something like 20 hours per week at the club being professional & anything less being hybrid or semi-professional

or

On salary with anything above the UK median salary making it the players main source of income, & therefore their main employment, so anything above the following:-

18-21 £450

22-29 £600

30+ £750

per week on a 52 week contract

Posted (edited)

My definition of a full time professional player is where football is his main occupation, gets paid full time wages and trains full time.

The hybrid semi professional model is where players train more than the conventional 2 evenings a week, often it's 3 times a week in the mornings, it's not their main occupation and they get paid a semi professional wage.

Edited by Reading Rebel