Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Holroyd wants team success at Wrexham not personal glory

FF News

A brace from Chris Holroyd in Wrexham's win over Ebbsfleet United ensured the striker has doubled the tally of his nearest rival in the Dragons goalscoring charts, but he insists he is not interested in personal accolades.

Holroyd scored both goals as Wrexham ran out 2-0 winners over the Fleet, victory seeing them move up to second in the National League and close the gap on leaders Dover Athletic to a solitary point.

His brace took him to six for the season, and given he has been involved in only 12 matches after dislocating his shoulder on the opening day defeat to Macclesfield Town, he boasts an impressive record of a goal every other game.

On-loan striker Alex Reid, who sees his stint in Wrexham come to an end following Saturday's clash at Aldershot, is the next on the goalscoring tally with three, but Holroyd admits he does not have a particular individual target in mind, and is more setting his sights on team glory.

"Three points, I've always said the most important thing is getting the victories. Whether it is me scoring or someone else, it is irrelevant, we are really chuffed to get the win," said Holroyd.

"I never set a target for goals, my target was to get promoted with the football club, so that's my number one target for the season."

Read more: http://www.dailypost.co.uk

Source

Archived