Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

National League 2024/25

The dust hasn't even settled on yesterday's win but I can't help looking forward to next season.

What are people's thought's on stepping up a level? It'll be interesting to see what happens with recruitment and retainment, management team and ground updates, segregation etc.

Official League links:
- Vanarama website: https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk
- Twitter/X: @TheVanaramaNL

Results and tables will now be on the BBC!: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/national-league-south/table

- Wikipedia shows all the teams in the National League South for next season: 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2024–25_National_League
- 6 x in London:
-- Enfield Town, Hornchurch, Aveley, Welling United, Hampton & Richmond, Borehamwood
- 11 x in the 1 - 2 hour journey range:
-- Hemel Hemptead,  St. Albans, Chelmsford City, Maidstone United, Tonbridge Angels, Dorking Wanderers, Eastbourne Borough, Worthing, Farnborough, Slough Town , Chesham United
- 4 x on the M4 / M3 corridors, Chippenham Town, Bath City, Weston-super-mare, Salisbury
- 3 x "and beyond!"
-- Weymouth
-- Torquay United
-- Truro City (who aren't actually in Truro, but Plymouth. Only 4.5 hours drive instead of 5.5 hours)

Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 15.17.39.png

Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 15.17.26.png

Given how we have coped in a very strong division this year, I cannot see the need for enforced departures. Hopefully the challenge of a higher division and the tremendous team spirit will mean players also want to stay.

We have several young players who have developed massively over the season with more potential for improvement. We also have a core of players with experience at the higher level.

Maybe a couple of astute signings to strengthen the squad and a few changes as the season progresses will suffice? 

Interesting to hear other views but I have total faith that the management will make the right calls.

2 hours ago, symptomless said:

The dust hasn't even settled on yesterday's win but I can't help looking forward to next season.

What are people's thought's on stepping up a level? It'll be interesting to see what happens with recruitment and retainment, management team and ground updates, segregation etc.

Official League links:

Results and tables will now be on the BBC!: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/national-league-south/table

- 6 x in London:
-- Enfield Town, Hornchurch, Aveley, Welling United, Hampton & Richmond, Borehamwood
-- Hemel Hemptead,  St. Albans, Chelmsford City, Maidstone United, Tonbridge Angels, Dorking Wanderers, Eastbourne Borough, Worthing, Farnborough, Slough Town , Chesham United
- 4 x on the M4 / M3 corridors, Chippenham Town, Bath City, Weston-super-mare, Salisbury
- 3 x "and beyond!"
-- Weymouth
-- Torquay United
-- Truro City (who aren't actually in Truro, but Plymouth. Only 4.5 hours drive instead of 5.5 hours)

Hello and congratulations, Slough fan here. I’ll be honest in saying I’m not looking forward to visiting 3 running tracks grounds next season!!! By the way Truro will be moving back home next season. 

38 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

Hello and congratulations, Slough fan here. I’ll be honest in saying I’m not looking forward to visiting 3 running tracks grounds next season!!! By the way Truro will be moving back home next season. 

Thanks, Glen. You can still get close to the action behind the goals at Enfield. My main advice would be get there early if you want to get to the bar or the food unless anything else is put in place in the summer.

5 minutes ago, symptomless said:

Thanks, Glen. You can still get close to the action behind the goals at Enfield. My main advice would be get there early if you want to get to the bar or the food unless anything else is put in place in the summer.

Oh right so you have similar to Chelmsford with roll on/roll off terracing? Are they covered and behind both goals?

13 hours ago, GlenSTFC said:

I find it a bit rich that a Slough Fan is complaining about sight lines in a stadium because of a running track. He is obviously too young to remember the old Dolphin Stadium which had a dog track around the pitch.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Slough_Stadium_c.1970.png

Just now, Steph said:

I find it a bit rich that a Slough Fan is complaining about sight lines in a stadium because of a running track. He is obviously too young to remember the old Dolphin Stadium which had a dog track around the pitch.

Why you harping back to yonks ago?? You could say the same of most clubs but 99.99% don’t have running tracks now do they? 

18 hours ago, symptomless said:

Official League links:

- 6 x in London:
- 3 x "and beyond!"
-- Weymouth
-- Torquay United

Sorry to say that Truro are actually moving home shortly so next season will be back in Truro itself.

Great for them, a pain for the rest of us.

2 hours ago, Steph said:

Oh we all remember that, we're old school.

I think we're just hoping its a bit better than Chelmsford to be honest, Hornchurch are the same aren't they?

17 hours ago, 55 seasons said:

Given how we have coped in a very strong division this year, I cannot see the need for enforced departures. Hopefully the challenge of a higher division and the tremendous team spirit will mean players also want to stay.

We have several young players who have developed massively over the season with more potential for improvement. We also have a core of players with experience at the higher level.

Maybe a couple of astute signings to strengthen the squad and a few changes as the season progresses will suffice? 

Interesting to hear other views but I have total faith that the management will make the right calls.

I think the big difference you'll find is the fact you've got both Full Time and hybrid Full Time sides in the NLS with some very big budgets.

One saving grace is that both Yeovil and Taunton have gone so two less visits way down the west country and Dover as well, it felt like we were there in the west country all the time last season with a lot on Tuesday nights so not getting home until 1am/2am at times.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the league, some good places to go and like us I'm sure you'll hope to get the likes of Truro/Torquay/Weymouth on a August weekend rather than a Tuesday night in winter....

Oh and you've got the joy of Torquay charging you £22 to get in....

1 hour ago, DonnyNo6 said:

I think we're just hoping its a bit better than Chelmsford to be honest, Hornchurch are the same aren't they?

Our ground has (ahem) character. We've got our hands tied to a certain extent as the local council own the ground. You can't get behind the goalmouths unfortunately.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, DonnyNo6 said:

Won’t sit here and lie, for most of the teams in the league, Hornchurch away will be the worst away day. The club  have done everything in their power to make the experience better by building extra outdoor decking by the bar and by putting new fencing around the track to make it look more pleasing. I think as a fan, you all want to be behind a goal and Enfield and Chelmsford offer that - just generates a better atmosphere. 

I think for most Enfield and Hornchurch fans though it’s about visiting all the new grounds and going to places like Torquay etc 

Edited by Up the chins

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, DonnyNo6 said:

I think the big difference you'll find is the fact you've got both Full Time and hybrid Full Time sides in the NLS with some very big budgets.

One saving grace is that both Yeovil and Taunton have gone so two less visits way down the west country and Dover as well, it felt like we were there in the west country all the time last season with a lot on Tuesday nights so not getting home until 1am/2am at times.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the league, some good places to go and like us I'm sure you'll hope to get the likes of Truro/Torquay/Weymouth on a August weekend rather than a Tuesday night in winter....

I would have liked Yeovil away but heard it’s not great for away fans. Taunton not fussed about and the less trips to Kent the better. Chatham might have one of the better stadiums in the isthmian league but the area is awful 

Edited by Up the chins

>>Donny number 6

I note that Slough have a smaller attendance licence than Enfield Town. I went to the Slough Stadium a few years back for a cup tie (cant remember the year). Pleasant journey past Maharajah's Well I recall.

Is there attemted segregation and how many tickets do away fans get?

2 hours ago, Up the chins said:

Won’t sit here and lie, for most of the teams in the league, Hornchurch away will be the worst away day. The club  have done everything in their power to make the experience better by building extra outdoor decking by the bar and by putting new fencing around the track to make it look more pleasing. I think as a fan, you all want to be behind a goal and Enfield and Chelmsford offer that - just generates a better atmosphere. 

I think for most Enfield and Hornchurch fans though it’s about visiting all the new grounds and going to places like Torquay etc 

Looking forward to it as not been to your place before.

5 minutes ago, Steph said:

>>Donny number 6

I note that Slough have a smaller attendance licence than Enfield Town. I went to the Slough Stadium a few years back for a cup tie (cant remember the year). Pleasant journey past Maharajah's Well I recall.

Is there attemted segregation and how many tickets do away fans get?

No we don't usually segregate but when we have had to the away side get about 500 or so, the club put on a decent set up of own turnstiles/parking/food/drink/bar and toilets, recent times for Farnborough, Grimsby and Yeovil, I doubt with Yeovil gone there will be much segregation next season across the NLS.(they brought pretty much 400+away for every match)

I believe our official capacity is 3000 but the club have limited it to 2,250 for some of the matches mentioned so that its not too rammed and site lines are better, funnily enough we have a Fans Forum tonight and I've a feeling there might be mention of new terracing going in to make the viewing better going forward.

Our big thing is that Arbour Park has turned into a bit of a fortress, we're 23 matches unbeaten at home at the minute.

2 hours ago, Up the chins said:

I would have liked Yeovil away but heard it’s not great for away fans. Taunton not fussed about and the less trips to Kent the better. Chatham might have one of the better stadiums in the isthmian league but the area is awful 

Depending on numbers Yeovil would or wouldn't open up the uncovered away end but the facilities weren't brilliant.

Taunton was always waterlogged and Dover just horrible all around and miles away.

I think you'll enjoy most of your visits about, some modern grounds about and plenty with old school character as well.

Mo is played for Maidstone United in the NLS who failed to gain promotion to the NL in the play-offs. I think he was on loan from Havant & W who got relegated, so I can't see him going back there, I could be wrong.

So who knows where he may end up next season 🤞