Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Telford Go BUST!!

THEROCK

Sad to see their demise, as it is for any club in trouble, but I personally feel that the FA has no choice but to put them as low as possible in the pyramid, i.e. at the same level as AFC Wimbledon started. Anywhere higher and it would give them, as a 'new' club, an unfair advantage over others, and would undoubtedly spark a backlash against both AFC Telford and the powers that be.

• 3 weeks later...

Told you so!

According to this week's "Soccer Investor", Telford have been granted permission to re-enter the pyramid in the Unibond Div. 1, 3 levels below that which they resigned, subject to Unibond League approval.

Contrast this with the "MK Dons", who have basically bought a team in the Football League, and it shows you the need for strategic financial planning. The club should have been constituted as a separate legal entity (preferably a supporter backed mutual) and been sold by the company in financial difficulty to that mutual.

That way the creditors may have got a slightly better return and the people of Telford would still have a team.

Where's my consultancy fee?