Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dis is disgraceful !!!!!!!!

If de only reason for moving to Basildan is because New Lodge aint big enough,why don't our council give us de cricket ground to make up de other 6 acres we need,cricket is a crap and pointless thing to have in our community anyway.Could not get der to de forum last night but it sounds as dif the only reason de Basildan council is giving dus Glouster Park is because it is good for their community,so why don't we get de land behind New Lodge so it is good for de Billericay community.I don't wanna move!!!!

We will continue to hold the lease on New Lodge - it's not going to be sold for housing, and the development of the leisure complex/ banqueting / sports facilities etc will continue. <p>For those people not at the forum, I'm hoping to get the statement read by John Stacey to put on the website.

Without wanting to be negative I have to say I have serious misgivings about moving anywhere out of Billericay. I couldn't make the fans forum so I don't know quite what's going on. But I get the gist of it.

After all the plans for the redevelopment of New Lodge this is quite a blow. But what about the field behind the London Road End that's apparently waste ground, who owns that?

And what about poor old Basildon United, having their territory invaded like this?

Land is hard to come by in Billericay, being in the green belt. But there must be somewhere in our town we can use. It may be that Bas. Council realises that it can make a mint by selling the New Lodge site for housing.

I don't know much but I find it hard to believe that New Lodge can't be brought up to scratch.

As long as our team is still called Billericay Town I will go and see them in Basildon. Bas. is a big town and will improve our fan base but even so, what a shame.