Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bigg Utd v Harefield

Harefield it seems have had no luck on their travels to 2nd Meadow this season. For the second time this league game was called off, although this one played for 37 minutes before the ref called a halt in bizare circumstances.

With a swirling and ebbing mist the match commenced but quickly became laughable for spectators as play drifted into inpenetrable banks of fog only to re-appear in an unexpected position elsewhere on the pitch. Utd took the lead, although the scorers face and shirt number were shrouded from my view, the goal itself was a good looping shot that took the keeper seemingly unaware.

The mist swirled a bit more and the goal Harefield were defending once again disappeared completely. A corner came in but no-one could see it and shortly after a body of players were seen disappearing with the ball into the heavy white blanket again. It went quiet for a while and then a weak call for a goal was heard. Silence and then from the mist the referee and lino appeared and consulted for some time. Bigg Utd claimed they had scored, the lino apparantly confirmed this but the referee hadn't seen it through the fog!

No goal given, but a 7 minute respite to see if the damp shroud lifted. It didn't and the game was as abandoned as the Marie Celeste. An hours journey home for me to consider Harefields bad luck on another wasted trip to the poorer end of Biggleswade :-)

But on tonight's brief showing, I think they were the lucky ones for this sham to get stopped whilst losing 1-0 - or according to some 2-0. So for those interested in trivia....when is a goal not a goal? Answer - when the referee doesn't see it!

Originally Posted By: Wader
So for those interested in trivia....when is a goal not a goal? Answer - when the referee doesn't see it!

Interesting concept that! We have suffered several bookings/ red cards this season at the hands of assistants when the ref saw nothing - surely assistants can give goals?

Originally Posted By: Willo the Cat
Originally Posted By: Horace

Interesting concept that! We have suffered several bookings/ red cards this season at the hands of assistants when the ref saw nothing - surely assistants can give goals?

Funny that Horace, both my red cards have come at the hands of the Winos this year! bawling (is it to late to launch an appeal?)

Never waste your time appealing! In my experience all of the guys who sit on the County FA panels are ex-referees who think that the players are lieing scumbags!

Never waste your time appealing! In my experience all of the guys who sit on the County FA panels are ex-referees who think that the players are lieing scumbags!

I have won a few heated battles on behalf of players in front of County FA's, walked-over others when the ref didn't show and on one occassion nearly got a 'red card' myself when defending a player a bit too hard at the Essex FA!

Originally Posted By: Wader
With a swirling and ebbing mist the match commenced but quickly became laughable for spectators as play drifted into inpenetrable banks of fog only to re-appear in an unexpected position elsewhere on the pitch. Utd took the lead, although the scorers face and shirt number were shrouded from my view, the goal itself was a good looping shot that took the keeper seemingly unaware.

Wader - Shame you didnt my 'goal' in its full glory, was a goodun!! Shame you didnt hang around for a brew as i was going to say hello.

Originally Posted By: petethegreek
I never do appeal as I’m always guilty.

So the Referee was correct to send you off against Stoney earlier in the season.

Please explain this to Rhodes.

PTG,

Please refer to earlier post:

Funny that Horace, both my red cards have come at the hands of the Winos this year! bawling (is it to late to launch an appeal?)

I stood still but you can't argue with 2 MIB and an FA panel. Its cheaper to just pay the fine.