Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Quiz Night and End Of Season Walk

charlie

Hello,

Just a quick reminder for anyone who missed the newsletter last week -

The next event in the Trust calendar will be the ever-popular Quiz Night to be held at the Polish Club on Thursday March 27th. The first round begins 8PM and entry is just £5 per person. Teams can have up to six players. The winning team will receive 50% of all that night’s entrance fees. For more information, speak to Alan Harding or Mike Lightfoot.

Looking ahead slightly, plans are underway for the end of season Presentation Night. This will also be held at the Polish Club on Thursday May 1st, starting at 8PM and will include a race night.

Punters will have eight races to participate in and horses can be sponsored for just £5. If your sponsored horse wins, you gain £10 back! Race sponsorship costs £50 and TriCast tickets can be purchased for just £1. As a special treat, the owner of winning combination on last race wins a whopping £60, so it’s all to play for.

All proceeds from this event will go towards the Club’s playing budget.

This year’s end of season walk will be a real challenge – but as always, the charity which benefits from the walkers’ hard work (and sore feet) is a worthy one. This year, the Trust has chosen to donate half the money raised from the 26-mile walk to Fleet Town FC to Wexham Park Hospital’s Treatment and Research in East Berks for Lymphoma and Leukaemia ward. A route is being worked upon by myself and Martin McCabe – as soon as one has been finalised we’ll appeal for willing victims and get the sponsor forms printed.

Cheers

Guest Anonymous

I’ve been meaning to speak to someone in the trust about presentation night but might be too late now. As some of you will know Tom King from the Herschel Arms put a bit of money into the club earlier in the season and every time I’ve been in there recently he’s hinted that he might put some more in.

I’m confident that I could get the pub (at no cost) for your presentation/ race night – particularly on a weekday night. Now I don’t usually attend these things but my only slight concern would be whether the pub could cope with numbers with it not being the biggest.

However the benefits would be a more central location, you would attract people who don’t normally have anything to do with the club and if there is a race night as well I’m sure many of his regulars would lap that up, thus raising more money for the club. It might also be a good night for Tom to make his second donation!

If it’s too late to do anything then fair enough, but if the club/ trust are interested I’m quite happy to speak to him and sort out the details. In fact, I could do it tonight when I drop in for a pint after work.

Cheers

Mark

It sounds like a good idea to me Mark, but I'd imagine The Polish Club has now been booked.

What might be an idea is to have an unofficial end of season bash in the Herschel the night after - though I'm sure the group of us who watch the FA Cup final will plough in there for a few bevvies that evening as well.

Hello Mark,

Yes I'm afraid Tut's right, I'm fairly sure the Polish Club and race guys have already been booked, but what with it being a thursday night it may be that there are lots of people who'd like to do something at the weekend too...

I'll mention it to a few of the board members and as I'm sure you know at least two of the manangement committee are on here quite a lot so I'm sure they'll be in touch if there's anything we can do this season... if not, it could be a great idea to have a party to celebrate the startof next season in September?

Guest Anonymous

Alright gents, thanks for the replies.

I’ll have a word with someone at the next home game with regards to future events there.

Cheers…and good luck for Saturday

Mark