Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Premier Division 08/09

Looking at this http://nlpl.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?post=77057#77057 there could be fierce competition for places in the Premier Division next season.

With a max of one club being promoted to step 4 and two relegated to step 6 there are only three places available to retain a 22 team division. I would think Berko are certain to join us next year, and Slough are currently in a position where they could swap places with their landlords. If Leighton Town are also relegated there won't be much room for promotees from Division One, or for any teams who want to move over from the UCL without some going in the opoosite direction.

Originally Posted By: HTFCew
there won't be much room for promotees from Division One

HTFCew - Very interesting but I'm a bit confused by this, isn't it set in stone then that two teams are promoted from division 1 if they have both requested promotion and meet the necessary criteria

So what you're saying is that it might be better to finish top of division 1 rather than second just incase, okay thanks I'll tell 'the great one' and Hector Varela

HTFCew - Not necessarily if you know for sure two Club's will be promoted from the outset rather than running the risk of having the goal posts moved on you. Obviously we will try to finish top, that goes without saying, however prior to this thread you created today we would have been more than happy to finish second behind Royston, Haringey or Hoddesdon, I think Stony Stratford and New Bradwell are out of the running now which is a blessing in disguise with the uncertainty of their ground criteria.

Berko have been "relegated" for the last 2/3 years but been saved by other clubs merging or going bust.

The Prem constitution will largly be dictated by what happens at Step 4. 1up 1down isn't unusual within the SSML. It could even be 1up 2 down if two clubs come in from the Sothern League

22 teams in the Prem & only 19 in Div 1 this year. I think it may have even gone to a club vote at the league AGM in the past.

There are all sorts of things going on. Edgware may not be in a position to retain Ryman status, Waltham Forest quickly need to arrange a groundshare as they appear to be in imminent danger of being ejected from Wadham Lodge. Other clubs have decided not to go for a promotion grading at various levels and across various leagues and a couple of clubs are considering actually dropping out of their Step 4 Leagues. There is also a possibility of a few clubs moving between leagues (this has been discussed at the highest level apparantly). Too early to call on any of this though, but it is interesting.

Originally Posted By: Wader
Waltham Forest quickly need to arrange a groundshare as they appear to be in imminent danger of being ejected from Wadham Lodge.

Played their last game there this afternoon. Provisionally arranged to play remaining "home" games at Witham Town whilst (I presume) looking for somewhere nearer.

Spoke to Bradwell today they defo are not looking to go up and know there facilities are not up to the required.

Please come online New Bradwell St. Peter you must be amazed you left 2-0 winners today, both teams played good football but the missed chances cost us dearly and only when you went 1 up in the 72nd minute did you look the better of the 2 sides.

Congratulations to your keeper who put in a massive performance for you that keeps you in the title hunt.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
HTFCew - Not necessarily if you know for sure two Club's will be promoted from the outset rather than running the risk of having the goal posts moved on you. Obviously we will try to finish top, that goes without saying, however prior to this thread you created today we would have been more than happy to finish second behind Royston, Haringey or Hoddesdon, I think Stony Stratford and New Bradwell are out of the running now which is a blessing in disguise with the uncertainty of their ground criteria.

Originally Posted By: Football Man
Waltham Forest quickly need to arrange a groundshare as they appear to be in imminent danger of being ejected from Wadham Lodge.

Played their last game there this afternoon. Provisionally arranged to play remaining "home" games at Witham Town whilst (I presume) looking for somewhere nearer.

That is nice and local for them!!

McMullen. I see that Rocco got red carded for a straight right hook the other week!! Both clubs no doubt will face punitive censure for the half time abandonment of their match. Had to laugh when I heard Rocco was in the middle of it all though. grin

I know i think it's his 3rd red of the season and this could mean punishment being servere at the beginning of next season. It's a shame as he's such a great guy to have in the changing room just so hot headed when he's between the chalk marks. Latino temprement!!!!!

McMullen. I see that Rocco got red carded for a straight right hook the other week!! Both clubs no doubt will face punitive censure for the half time abandonment of their match. Had to laugh when I heard Rocco was in the middle of it all though. grin

Mcmullen you are right you were the better team for some of the match, but not all, and thats what goalkeepers are for.

Your side is alot better than the one I watched get beaten at Royston but some of your players temperament is questionable. Maybe spend more time talking to each other than the ref?

You didnt deserve to get beaten and a draw would have been fair but we have played better and lost. Good luck for the rest of the season you will give some of the top teams a fright if you play like you did yesterday.

AS for going up..we are up for it but it may be a step too far this season and the ground is going through massive and major improvements in the summer (details to be released) so the facilities wont be far off prem standard.

What do you mean "a blessing in disguise" Rhodes?

Very honest ICUJimmy i guessed you were M.K based having just read your backing of 'the best new city in the country' on another thread, good luck to you too i liked your lads yesterday and thought it made for a cracking game with both teams capable of playing with the ball on the deck. The ref did rub some of my players up the wrong way yesterday that's also true, we should rise above it but i like them sometimes struggle not to get frustrated at some desisions, we must not forget that these guys are well paid to do a good job and too often that isnot what we get.

We appreicate you hanging around and spending some money over the bar, your club certainly acted in a manner that would see them approach the prem in a manner that is professional in it's build up and play and courteous to it's hosts.

May see you next season.

Originally Posted By: ICU JImmy
Mcmullen you are right you were the better team for some of the match, but not all, and thats what goalkeepers are for.

Your side is alot better than the one I watched get beaten at Royston but some of your players temperament is questionable. Maybe spend more time talking to each other than the ref?

You didnt deserve to get beaten and a draw would have been fair but we have played better and lost. Good luck for the rest of the season you will give some of the top teams a fright if you play like you did yesterday.

AS for going up..we are up for it but it may be a step too far this season and the ground is going through massive and major improvements in the summer (details to be released) so the facilities wont be far off prem standard.

Originally Posted By: ICU JImmy

Only just spotted this question. All I meant was that it is a blessing in disguise that New Bradwell and Stony Stratford are out of the promotion race thanks to poor results of late, if one of them happened to finish second then the third placed Club would be left biting its nails for a couple of months waiting to see if they would be promoted and the chances are that only the Champions would then go up.