Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

THE MONEYMEN

just been listening to radio five and interesting to listen to the tale of two crisis clubs who have been wrecked by 'moneymen' investing in their clubs.firstly we heard from the deranged egomaniac tom hicks who is so upset because someone sent him some hatemail,now considering that hicks is worth hundreds of millions i assume he can afford to employ to hire a couple of heavies to act as minders.

for the second self pitying millionaire i had to check my diary to make sure that it wasn't april fools day,apparentely the owner of mansfield wants to change the name of the club to harchester rovers to attract more interest!!

for any non league football fan out there wishing for a millionaire messiah to come and revitalise his club remember they only do it for their ego and they have no interest or passion for the club whatsoever and if you're a flash millionaire looking for an ego boast then do a line of coke but keep away from non league football.

Moneymen in non-league football are welcome providing that the club they are bankrolling gives itself a proper structure that will allow them to survive even when the moneymen pull the plug out.Improving facilities,strengthening the youth sector,create a bigger fans base,promote the football club within the local community, attract local sponsors and pick the right coaching and management staff.That's why even if i'm a spurs fan, i like clubs like Arsenal and West ham.

Originally Posted By: coach et 64
Moneymen in non-league football are welcome providing that the club they are bankrolling gives itself a proper structure that will allow them to survive even when the moneymen pull the plug out.Improving facilities,strengthening the youth sector,create a bigger fans base,promote the football club within the local community, attract local sponsors and pick the right coaching and management staff.That's why even if i'm a spurs fan, i like clubs like Arsenal and West ham.

You,re not a true Spurs fan then!!!!

I mean i like the way Wenger goes regarding building his own side rather than splashing the money on overrated and overpaid players.He never goes to the board asking to buy this or that and gives youngsters a chance when in his position could get more senior players.West Ham is always producing players from the youth sector and more importantly they are English and coached to play the right way.For the rest i hate Arsenal,Wenger moaning and all that as much as you!! grin