Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 26th April

SATURDAY 26th

PREMIER DIVISION

Biggleswade Town 5-0 Tring Athletic

Biggleswade United 1-1 Aylesbury Vale

Brimsdown Rovers 1-1 Holmer Green

Cockfosters 0-1 Beaconsfield SYCOB

Harefield United 4-1 St Margaretsbury

Hertford Town 4-0 Chalfont St Peter

Kingsbury Lndn Tigers 0-1 Colney Heath

Langford 0-2 Broxbourne Boro V&E

Leverstock Green 1-0 Oxhey Jets

London Colney 1-5 Welwyn Garden City

Ruislip Manor 1-2 Hanwell Town

DIVISION ONE

Amersham Town 4-2 Hoddesdon Town

Ampthill Town 5-0 Bedford

Brache Sparta 1-1 Cheshunt Reserves

Buckingham Athletic 0-0 New Bradwell St Peter

Haringey Borough 2-2 Winslow United

Stony Stratford Town 3-0 Harpenden Town

Sun Postal Sports 0-2 Royston Town

DIVISION TWO

Aston Clinton 4-2 Tring Corinthians

Caddington 0-3 Crawley Green

Kings Langley 0-0 Pitstone & Ivinghoe

Markyate TBA Old Bradwell United

Padbury United 1-1 Mursley United

The 61 FC (Luton) 3-2 Kent Athletic

Good week for The 61 FC, the win today means we finish in 3rd place and just about the same set of players won Div 1 of the NHC Sunday League in the week. Hopefully we can push on next season and aim for the SSML Div 2 title.

Caddington must be gutted to have had to replay their match vs Crawley Green though, the three points lost cost them fourth.

Congratulations to Kentish Town on their championship win, is this the clubs first silverware?

Haringey Borough 2-2 Winslow United

result of the day for harringey who were very lucky to escape with anything due to a very dodgey penalty

Winslow united would like to offer their congratulations on their promotion success to harringey and wish them luck for the upcoming cup final and next season

Did you happen to see 'the great one', Lee Scott and Jonathan Donoghue at Coles Park. I think the best team undoubtably won the championship, results like today's show that Haringey were somewhat fortunate that the wheels came off at Royston Town when they did and Craig Hammond ran out of steam.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Did you happen to see 'the great one', Lee Scott and Jonathan Donoghue at Coles Park. I think the best team undoubtably won the championship, results like today's show that Haringey were somewhat fortunate that the wheels came off at Royston Town when they did and Craig Hammond ran out of steam.

why wasnt you with reserves today Rhodes? wink

For a number of reasons, firstly I feared that Royston might have 'a welconing party' waiting in the wings, secondly our Secretary was there to do the admin and thirdly I was washing my hair. I heard it was the best performance of the season against half Royston's first team including Craig Hammond although I gather he showed his true colours today.

For a number of reasons, firstly I feared that Royston might have 'a welconing party' waiting in the wings, secondly our Secretary was there to do the admin and thirdly I was washing my hair. I heard it was the best performance of the season against half Royston's first team including Craig Hammond although I gather he showed his true colours today.

boxing yes they were there, mob handed, with a can of tennants extra in hand and baying for your blood....cant imagine what you said to upset them biggrin1

Must have been a bad line through to the NLT yesterday. Hertford's scorers are listed as Lee Roberts (correct), Raiyn Wade (nearly right), Shoan Crosby (Sean Crossley) and Ricky Martin (Nicky Marsh).

For Bigg T we had Dan Haron and Bardey Harrison, Paul Dudd for Brox Boro and Jack Harrat for London Colney.

Originally Posted By: HTFCew
Caddington 0-3 Crawley Green

Does this mean that Crawley Green will definitely be promoted at last, they certainly deserve it. Rather concerning that Caddington didn't issue a programme for the game!

Spartan South Midlands League, Division Two
Caddington 0 Crawley Green 3 (att 59 - Pat B's headcount)
No admission charge, no prog

Very much an end-of-season affair, but I'm not complaining when they kick off at 10.30 on a Saturday. All the goals in the second half, two of them in stoppage time.
Ground a fairly typical set-up for this division. No cover and the pitch part-railed, with rope on the far side near the cricket square.
My first visit to Caddington, but those who went years ago might consider this a 'new' ground. The old pitch, parallel to the new one, was on the far side of the cricket square, and the remains of the dugouts and some cover are still visible. Quite a few hoppers at this, and it was nice to meet Modelhobbies for the first time.

Must have been a bad line through to the NLT yesterday. Hertford's scorers are listed as Lee Roberts (correct), Raiyn Wade (nearly right), Shoan Crosby (Sean Crossley) and Ricky Martin (Nicky Marsh).

For Bigg T we had Dan Haron and Bardey Harrison, Paul Dudd for Brox Boro and Jack Harrat for London Colney.

Coups was prob on end of phone drinkies

I will take the above as your way of saying congratulations on a fantastic achievement in bouncing straight back to the premier and well done to the chairman and all associated with my second team HBFC.

Footballnut, thanks for your comments, we were useless and Winslow certainly deserved all 3 points on the day and we were very lucky to get anything from the game. Good luck for next season and well played.

The above link doesn't seem to work, try this one. Welwyn Garden City have been one of this seasons big disappointments:

http://www.whtimes.co.uk/content/whtimes/sport/default.aspx

southmidsfan-I had a very scratch side battered and tormented by an excellent Ampthill side on Saturday, I cannot understand your finishing position, if staying together and adding 1 or 2 you must be favourites for SSML Div 1 08/09.

Good luck v Harringay I fancy you to cause what league position will consider an upset.

See you next season, (oh and what number were you?)

I can see Stuart Reynolds coming into his own on Saturday and having a decent game, it will make up for a disappointing season by his standards.

Div Two clubs don't have to issue

Very surprised to hear this.
Incidentally hats off to John Bacon, someone on the another Forum has praised his programme last Saturday:

Prog was a 12 page A5 size effort. The coloured cover was green and white stripes and included club details and badge.
Inside was a lot of reading material, with the only advert being a full back page colour ad for the league sponsors.

All in all a very laudable work, particularly when considering that it was gratis. It is far better than a lot that I have paid for this season.

Div Two clubs don't have to issue

Very surprised to hear this.

I thought you kept the league handbook under your pillow last season?

It may have been a good idea to take it out and read it occasionally.

I'm sure I've mentioned that Div 2 clubs don't have to issue before Rhodes, unfortunately this means many of the clubs don't issue a programme.

Incidentally I found out the other day why the Caddington vs Crawley Green match had to be replayed, apparently in the original fixture Crawley Green played an ineligible player whilst Caddington made 4 substitutions!!!

By all account the SSML went to the FA to decide what should happen and they ordered a replay of the match.