Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Slav Huk

Its because of his long service during some of their best times Marcs statement makes clear how exceptional his service was They just lost their current keeper as discussed earlier

1 hour ago, Irishadrian said:

Its because of his long service during some of their best times Marcs statement makes clear how exceptional his service was They just lost their current keeper as discussed earlier

I think most of his games/successes at Dorking were in the lower divisions.

Edited by Reading Rebel

More interesting is keeper Ross Worner at Havant.

Listed as in negotiations probably due to their relegation, so I'd say he's up for grabs if the right club comes in for him.

Excellent keeper who's got vast experience at this level and higher. 

Edited by Reading Rebel

6 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

More interesting is keeper Ross Worner at Havant.

Listed as in negotiations probably due to their relegation, so I'd say he's up for grabs if the right club comes in for him.

Excellent keeper who's got vast experience at this level and higher. 

Would be a solid signing but remember he was on a full time contract and even with a pay cut might not be affordable (not to mention he’d attract the attention of many other clubs).

Michael Edegbe might be a goalkeeper to keep on the radar…. only 22, been at Southall for two seasons & they are in the play-offs (away to Leatherhead tonight), so he could be playing Step 3 next season.

Short term though, I think we are likely to be able to afford & looking for a loan goalkeeper again, & hopefully finding another Will Dennis.

9 hours ago, codpiece said:

Dean Brennan has  released popular keeper Laurie Walker from Barnet.

Laurie Walker is a class keeper, seen him a few times and never had a bad match.

Is Hugo actually an ideal solution with Dan leaving?

We are unbeaten when he’s played…. W2 D3 L0, 9 points, average 1.8 points per match.

No clean sheets though, & I haven’t seen him play, I was away when he played his two home matches in Feb.

1 hour ago, Curtis said:

Michael Edegbe might be a goalkeeper to keep on the radar…. only 22, been at Southall for two seasons & they are in the play-offs (away to Leatherhead tonight), so he could be playing Step 3 next season.

Short term though, I think we are likely to be able to afford & looking for a loan goalkeeper again, & hopefully finding another Will Dennis.

Getting a loan keeper from a pro club who is good enough is like looking for the proverbial needle in a haystack as we found out last season.

Ideally we need a keeper who we know is proven at this level or above.

1 hour ago, Curtis said:

Having watched Southall quite a few times this year I think it's a shame but Edegbe hasn't kicked on anywhere near what he was forecast to do when we had him a couple of years ago. Not Step 2 quality IMO

6 minutes ago, Curtis said:

We are unbeaten when he’s played…. W2 D3 L0, 9 points, average 1.8 points per match.

No clean sheets though, & I haven’t seen him play, I was away when he played his two home matches in Feb.

Hugo is a decent keeper and always been a fan of his since the Windsor days when he started his career. 

Would be a downgrade on Dan Lincoln IMO as our permanent keeper, but I wonder with the development squad and now a potential link up with Virginia Water, keeping Hugo around might be a great option as a 2nd keeper.

2 hours ago, GlenSTFC said:

Would be a solid signing but remember he was on a full time contract and even with a pay cut might not be affordable (not to mention he’d attract the attention of many other clubs).

I stand to be corrected but I think Havant were not proper full time but the hybrid version.

Obviously he was on good money but I'm sure Dan Lincoln wasn't on peanuts and sometimes to get the right man you've got to push the boat out.

As for Slav Huk, apart from the Bunch of Amateurs YT series, the only other memory I have of him is dropping (I think) Dan Roberts 2nd goal of 3 he scored that day through his legs, in our 5-3 hammering of Dorking a few seasons back. Given that he is a Dorking legend and they need a keeper, the only reason Mark White has let him leave is he must not believe he is good enough for this level now. Hopefully we have other solutions in the pipeline.

10 minutes ago, Curtis said:

Hugo is a decent keeper and if a little taller I'm sure would be playing for a big club.

As it stands an excellent stand in keeper that wouldn't let you down.

8 minutes ago, SloughFlyer said:

Having watched Southall quite a few times this year I think it's a shame but Edegbe hasn't kicked on anywhere near what he was forecast to do when we had him a couple of years ago. Not Step 2 quality IMO

That's my feeling.

Good keepers are in demand and if Edegbe had progressed I'm sure he wouldn't still be at Southall.

6 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

Ideally we need a keeper who we know is proven at this level or above.

Laurie Walker (34) has been released by Barnet this week, and has played as high as League Two in 2021/2022.

Lost his place at Barnet in January when Barnet signed 20 year old Josh Keeley on loan from Tottenham under 21’s.