Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The game at Turf Moor.

Just a pointer to the forthcoming Burnley game. I went there at the end of last season to watch a league game and have to say it was one of the most intimidating away grounds that I have been to - and I have been to a few. Their committed support is well known, not only when they are top of league but also when they were struggling. On the downside of this is the fact that they do have an active hooligan element intent on giving away supporters grief and provocation outside the ground - just be aware of this on the day. On my last visit, I along with 300 fellow away supporters, arranged to meet at the Burnley Cricket Ground which backs on to Turf Moor and is also handy for the away end of the ground. I would heartily recommend the Supporters Club coaches fans use this as a base for pre-match drinks and big eats. If you get there earlier enough there is parking for cars also. I believe it is open prior to all home games, but may need a phone call to advise and arrange hosting a large contingent of fans, especially if they all arrive at 11am!!!!. I'm looking to have an overnight stop if I can find a handy hotel/B&B, as Wigan was a great, but very long day!.

What I can say is that there will be a terrific atmosphere at Turf Moor and whatever the result we'll surely have a good dayout (weekend).