Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

COLNEY HEATH V DUNSTABLE TOWN HIGHLIGHTS

Good game last night in the Challenge Trophy semi-final...Heath started the better side hitting post but Dunstable came back into the game scoring just before half time. Heath reduced to nine men in the second half - Both second bookings, One (look at the video from 2mins 20secs) for a high clumsy tackle that most people watching knew wasn't intended just a moment of madness and the other for what I think was foul and abusive language. Other talking points was it a handball (0.35secs onwards)??? Highlights include the goal and all the chances.

Enjoy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ewOeyNlBnA

not sure if this tackle was unintentional looks like there may have been some malice involved. This is proof that centre half's should stick to heading the ball!

get the oaf off if he's got his big clumsy size 12's up that high! very poor and i would be p1ssed if i was his team mate as well, leaving them right in the sh1t!

There's another report on another's Forum in addition to The Cold End's excellent coverage:

Spartan South Midland League Challenge Trophy Semi Final

Colney Heath 0 Dunstable Town 1

Gate £5 Prog £1 Att 87

Recreation Ground

Had plenty of time to get to Colney Heath from Boreham Wood and arrived at the ground just after 6pm. Greeted by friendly club officials who took my gate money in the clubhouse and made me feel most welcome. The hospitality did not extend to the players as this was a feisty affair. Colney Heath started very well playing nice flowing football with Dunstable hardly getting out of their own half in the first 15 minutes. As the half progressed Dunstable came more into the game and took the lead on a two on one breakaway. The game became even more techy with tackles and loud foul language from both teams becoming more regular. Early in the second half Colney Heath were reduced to 10 men when a challenge possibly worthy of a red card only produced a second yellow for the offender. The longer the game went on the feistier it became. The second red card came after a quite clear bit of reckless foul play by a Dunstable player went unpunished by the referee (his only blatant mistake that I noticed) led to a bout of handbags shortly after. The red card came during the next passage of play which I can only assume was foul and abusive language by a Colney Heath player leading to an early bath. The game did not improve as a spectacle until the closing minutes as the 9 men actually created and squandered a few chances to equalise.

Another club that I would like to revisit if more accessible by public transport. A friendly club off the pitch and a visit I would happily recommend to others.