Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Vase Replay Result

Jenko

Eton Manor 3 v 0 Canning Town

Canning Town's massive chance on Sunday to win this game came back to haunt them as they lost to a much improved Manor side. Manor fielded a very young side who were full of energy, running and commitment. They dominated for long periods but after trying to play football for the first 20mins they then resorted to long ball tactics as Canning Town frustrated them. 0 - 0 at half time but an early goal in the second half seemed to take the sting out of Town and two more goals finsihed them off. Like the first game missed tackles in midfield by Town led to the goals. Eton Manor drafted in a forward, from Redbridge I believe, who missed the first game and he made all the difference as he gave Manor a real goal threat. Manor also had 2/3 young players in midfield who were very impressive and Town's keeper made 3 or 4 excellent saves. Overall a fair result but Town should be proud of their efforts. Word on the ref who made some very poor decidons, namely missing blatant pushes, pulling back etc. It is a credit to both sides that the game didin't boil over due to his inconsistent officiating. I think Manor will struggle this year because they do not look strong enough and at times their back line was all over the place.

Final word to my old mate Tony Marsh, 37 years old, playing for Canning Town. I have known him for near on 17 years and last night he was exellent again. I can honestly say I have never seen him have a bad game. He was targeted by Manor last night, who kept trying to get players in behind him with long balls but he stood up to the test really well.