Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bishops Stortford Swifts 1-2 Southminster

You make me laugh. What we talking about here a level just better than park football. BSS ,as Micky will tell you ,are in transition. The club just survived this year and were going to pull out the EOFL. Yep he gave a few boys who sit on the bench a run out last week but 9 dont think so! He has a good 11 but struggles with the back up!. FYI Aldborough had a few missing last week (cup tied) and they beat you. See Keiron has gone as well. As soon as it got a bit tough the towel came in! May have had personal reasons but if not should have rolled his sleeves up and got it right!.

Hold on a minute SW, no one was knocking Mickey or BSS. Merely repeating what we were told. My point was that they are a very strong side and I found the 7-1 result a bizarre one with the quality they have in their side.

You should be ashamed about your comments regarding Keiron. A thoroughly top bloke who has an untold amount of friends in many levels of football. Very brave of you to attack a good man from behind a computer screen especially when you have no idea of the circumstances.

Next time you write something remember to engage your brain first.

Edited by Southminster FC

Your post made no mention of how good or bad Nunny's side were. It gave the impression that you were 'bigging' Southminster up and that sides needed to rest players before they played you. My opinion and my interpretation of how it read-

As for Keiron , I accept it may appear that I was attacking him. This is not meant to be the case and I apologise to Keiron. Nevertheless, I would have liked Keiron to stay as he is a loss to EOFL. I watched his side a lot last season and without the cup runs they would have been promoted . They were very unlucky to lose the Senior Cup being a far better side than Rayleigh. Keiron got together a really good, footballing side. I therefore hoped he would see this sticky patch through and go up at the end of the season. A big loss to Runwell...and as I say in my earlier blog if its personal I hope all is okay.

If you were to read the match report on our website you would see how complimentary we were about BSS and how they are likely to be challenging at the end of the season.

I don't know the circumstances surrounding Keirons exit but I am sure he has a good reason but that his between himself and his club.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

'Kieron quit due to not being able to take the team futher'- another way of saying he threw the towel in. At the risk of having his many friends in football (as pointed out to me above) have a pop at me, it would have been better to see him roll his sleeves up. He did great at Runwell last season and had a good side - a couple of defeats this season and he suddenly cannot take them further. EOFL is a tough level to manage at as the players are not as committed because most sides don't pay (not all!) so the manager needs to take a few knocks! A great pity because Kieron has done Runwell proud !