Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Farnham away...

Fuzzy Royal

...well, what to say. I arrived with high hopes and thought this could be the win, so what went wrong?

The first half started at a frentic pace and fair to say Farnham had a few opportunites that they completely foulded up and we had a few chances to take the lead. The game was settling down and then a howler of a postional error from thekeeper gave the Farnham winger the chance to lob from long range, which he did with exremely well.

Windsor didn't drop their heads and Yash hit the post, a few more chances and then, for teh second time since Ellis has left, we scored direct from a long throw. Okay, looking like a good game, maybe we can just get to half time and.....break down the wing, superb cross to the player on his own on the edge of the 6 yard box 2-1 Farnham. A reall hefty kick in the happy sack.

Half time came and went and Windsor came out and dominated play, but rarely looked in danger of scoring. Unsurprisingly Farnham broke and scored, we sunstituted Ben and Yash and unfortunately our chances of getting even a draw looked slim. This was confirmed by more defensive misdoings and third goal. for Farnham.

At full time I felt dejected, at half time I thought we were in this and were going to get something but I fear it was just a lack of cohesion and experience, and no command at the back.

Positives were the ever impressive Ben and Laza, seeing Yash up front was a pleasant surprise and the lad Raj on the left wing will give teams trouble. If we could get a few experienced heads at the back and a midfielder to put his foot on the ball (and possibly Rob in goal?!?!?) I would say we would be a top 10 side. But how to get these players in with no budget, well I guess that is why we have a local head like Mick Woodham in to try and get it sorted.

On the plus side the kick around before the match was great, Fraser showed exuberence beyond belief at scoring past an 8 year old girl from point blank range, carlos able to hit a Mounch with the ball regardless of where he is aiming (maybe stick a Mounch in the treble 20?) and our youngest fan showing he really knows where the goal is, just needs to use less hands!!! Well, you had to be there, and if not, why not.........

Archived