Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Brady Pleased With Leatherhead Effort

FF News

LEATHERHEAD manager Richard Brady admitted he was disheartened after they left Billericay Town with nothing on Saturday.

A goal either side of half-time for Billericay put the game beyond the Tanners but Brady couldn't fault his players' efforts.

"The most disheartening thing is not getting any points when you've played quite well," said Brady.

"Performances wise I can't ask for much more from the boys, Stacy [Long] had a shot where the goalkeeper has pulled off a save low to his right and then he pulled off another save in the second half.

"Vas [Karagiannis] has had a couple that just went past the post and when you look back on it that's been the difference and that's football.

"Paul [semakula], Matt Smart were tremendous and I thought we showed that we could battle with them and I think they knew it and they were surprised after half hour when we were the ones on top above them.

"The fellas hit a great strike and you can only hold your hands up, added to their first goal put us 2-0 down away from home and they've obviously got a bit of confidence.

"We've given everything we can and I can't believe we haven't come away with at least a goal.

Brady praised the wonder strike from Harry Baker early in the second half as a 'killer blow' to his sides comeback in the game but goes on to say there was just small margins between the two sides.

"If the boys give in the effort like they did today then I'll be happy most weeks.

"I've been disappointed before at times this season and I've gone mad at them but today I just said to them they know they've played well.

"On another day the goalkeeper doesn't make that save, Vas scores and you're probably talking about an away win but the key moments went their way and we've ended up losing the game.

"We'll dust ourselves down and go again next week against Tonbridge Angels.

"They will be a tough nut to crack but we'll work hard and see how we go."

//www.dorkingandleatherheadadvertiser.co.uk

Source

Archived