Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Kittrick Blasts His AFC Telford Team

FF News

The Bucks were dumped out of the FA Trophy with a 4-0 thumping at the Conference North leaders' Kellamergh Park.

The defeat, which was Kittrick's first in six games as Bucks boss, came just three days after the Bucks had hammered Wrexham by the same scoreline.

And the Bucks boss was uncompromising in his assessment of his team's performance, saying: "We were poor. I have told the players that and it's not acceptable.

"As good as we were against Wrexham on Saturday, we have been as poor as we've been all year here.

"People haven't wanted to put a foot in, they have not been working hard and I think psychologically some of them have turned up and thought, after Wrexham, we'll beat these easy.

"I knew it was going to be different to that game and I said it that to them. We needed to be mentally strong enough.

"But I was disappointed that I took two players out of the squad and we have not looked the same team as we did on Saturday.

"They got about us in the first 10 minutes and there was only (going to be) one winner for me."

A Danny Rowe brace and further goals from Liam Tomsett and Josh Wilson did the damage.

Tomsett scored early in the first-half with the latter three coming late in the second, but the hosts could well have scored more in a one-sided game.

Kittrick questioned the desire of some of his players and added: "If people don't want to be here, just come and see me and I will release you.

"I want a team of lads who are going to work hard, even if it is not bouncing for them."

He added that on-loan Notts County defender Kyle Dixon, who was cup-tied last night, had requested to be allowed back to his parent club so that he can go on loan at Boston.

He said: "He rung me on Sunday and, because he's not playing, he wants to go back to Boston, but he's signed with us and has got to stay with us."

www.shropshirestar.co.uk

Source

Archived