Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bakare Hoping To Fix Bury Towns Frontline

FF News

Michael Bakare wants to be the man to finally fix Bury Town's misfiring frontline and guide them to an incredible 
last-ditch escape act.

The Blues head to East Thurrock United tomorrow (3pm) 11 points adrift of safety after wins in the week for Ryman League Premier Division relegation rivals Lewes and Witham Town.

Having netted just 24 goals in 34 league games this season, Bury have the third worst scoring record in the top 16 divisions of English football of 0.70 goals per game, but Bakare wants to change that after joining on loan from Vanarama Conference Premier club Braintree Town.

"I just want to get fit, score goals and help aid the situation at Bury," said Bakare, who has not played since breaking his leg as a passenger in a car crash in October. "I want to come in, do well, get games under my belt and hopefully the team will win as well."

And after his four-month spell on the sidelines, the 28-year-old is chomping at the bit to return to action.

"I know my leg is strong enough because I've been training, but I just can't wait to get into competitive action," he said.

Bakare has enjoyed a good scoring record at the level above Bury, netting nine goals in 14 games for Bishop's Stortford in the 2010/11 season, as well as 10 times in 24 appearances across two spells at Chelmsford City — where he worked with current Blues boss Ben Chenery.

His impressive displays earned him a move to then Football League side Macclesfield Town, but nine substitute appearances failed to yield a goal and he has since spent time at several clubs, including Braintree, where he netted once in 11 Conference matches this campaign before breaking his leg.

That led to his Bury move and, despite the Blues' current predicament, manager Chenery was able to persuade him to join on loan initially for four weeks.

"He's a good guy and a good manager – he knows what he's talking about," said Bakare, whose 
second Bury appearance should follow at Leatherhead on Wednesday (7.45pm).

Chenery – who has remained relatively blameless for Bury's troubles this season due to his hands being tied financially – was pleased to get his man as a swift 
replacement for John Sands, who has 
departed for Leiston after less than two months back at Bury.

"I worked with Michael at Chelmsford and he tore up a lot of trees there," said Chenery. "I want someone who can come in and do it straight away at this level.

"He certainly ticks the box."

Meanwhile, winger Liam Wales has followed Ross Bailey to Dereham Town.

Source

Archived