Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Gonzales handed Clitheroe contract

FF News

Clitheroe star striker Sefton Gonzales has put pen to paper on deal that will keep him at Shawbridge until the end of the season.

The Blues' number nine has scored four goals since his return from Stockport County.

This will be Gonzales' second contract with Clitheroe, having previously been signed up before his move to Stockport.

Scoring brilliantly in the weekend win against Droylsden, the tall front man put pen to paper the very same evening, securing his future at Shawbridge for the remainder of the season.

Gaffer Garner admitted it was a shock when the fan favourite came back to The Blues:

"It was originally of great surprise when the opportunity to re-sign Sefton came up, so to now secure his services on a contract is a real bonus. Sefton is a unique player in terms of what he provides, his size, pace and power combined with his work rate mean that at times he can be unplayable.

"We were all sad to lose Sefton in the summer but I felt and still do that he has the capability to play higher in the future. I'm sorry it didn't work out for him but I am now made up to have him back."

Gonzales joins keeper Ben Woodhead in the list of recent contract signers and the manager was quick to praise both the Clitheroe starlets:

"The lads have started the season well and the recent additions of Sefton and Ben have just given us that extra strength and quality to kick on.

"Sefton is a great lad and just wants to play football and enjoy it, I am just glad that Clitheroe can provide him with that platform and his recent form (4in4) has shown that if he can get a run of games and his confidence he will be a threat to any defence."

The Blues are on hot form, winning four and drawing only one in their last five games, Garner spoke highly of the club board and his team on the back of such results:

"It is a credit to the committee at the club that they have backed us in helping to build on our great start to the season.

"The squad though low on numbers at the moment has a lot of quality throughout and with possibly a couple more additions we hope to keep up our current run of good form in the league."

Source: http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/clitheroefc

Source

Archived