Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Reds boss has no complaints over Pilgrims defeat

FF News

Alfreton Town manager Nicky Law admitted his side failed to get going from the start during Saturday's 2-1 home league defeat against Boston United.

"I have no complaints really. We started the game poorly, they came here on the back of a bad result in midweek and wanted to try and rectify" said Law.

"We have gone to Harrogate and come here on the back of a good result up there and we have not turned up for the first 15 minutes.

"We have given an atrocious first goal away and if I am honest, if we had come in 3-0 down at half-time I don't think we could have any complaints.

"We got away with it and I think it might have been our day, maybe somebody was looking down on us because they should have buried us to be fair.

"We have come out second half and given another poor goal away.

"And we haven't turned up. We haven't competed. They have come here, they are a strong, physical side who play typical non-league football and today we had too many who didn't fancy it, haven't got the mental strength to compete at proper non league football and that was what it was today.

"It happened against Ferriby, it's happened at Harrogate and it's happened again today. It's happening too often.

"We have got a bit of a soft streak in us, in five or six of the players if I am honest and it is something we are going to have to learn to live with or we can maybe look to get other players that are maybe not that way but that is going to be difficult."

Source: www.alfretontownfc.com

Source

Archived