Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Malone looking forward to Steelmen return

FF News

Corby Town defender Paul Malone is all set to make his return to league action at Steel Park for the first time in almost 10 months, following a lengthy spell on the side lines through injury.

The influential centre-half returned to action last weekend, as the Steelmen held league leaders Nuneaton to a goalless draw at Liberty Way. That was his first competitive game in a Corby shirt since February when he suffered a double leg break and dislocated ankle during the 5-1 win over Weymouth.

He did play in a friendly win against AFC Rushden & Diamonds last month before a loan spell at Northern Premier Division side Stamford.

Speaking to the Northants Telegraph Malone said; “It was great to be back in the away game at Nuneaton but playing at Steel Park again will be even better”.

“Stockport are a big club and they will have a lot of fans travelling down so hopefully that will inspire more Corby supporters to come out and give us their backing.

“The fans have really stuck by me over the past few months and it is nice to be appreciated.

“I had the couple of games at Stamford but I want to test myself and I want to play at the highest level possible.

“Most importantly, I want to help get the club back up the table where it belong and away from a relegation battle.”

Malone confirmed he will have a minor operation to remove the screws from his leg on Monday.

But, with Corby being without a game next weekend, he fully expects to be fit for the Boxing Day derby at Brackley Town.

“I need to have the operation because the screws still being in are restricting me when it comes to doing some things,” he added.

“The manager and I decided that it would be a good time to do it because I will have 12 days to recover before Boxing Day and that should be enough.

“Hopefully I can get another 90 minutes under my belt this weekend and then get the operation out of the way and be ready for the Christmas period.”

Source: www.corbytownfc.co.uk

Source

Archived