Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Mariners striker looking forward to facing former club

FF News

Grimsby Town striker Omar Bogle is looking forward to coming up against his old club Solihull Moors in the FA Trophy, but is also keen to stress that the main aim is Town making it into the next round.

Speaking to Mariners PlayerHD, the 22-year-old said: ''I spent three great years there, so it's obviously gonna be exciting to come up against them for the first time.

''I won't celebrate out of respect for them, but I'll be trying to score, I wanna score, my job is to help this team win the game because we wanna get through to the next round.

Bogle scored 29 goals for the Moors last year, picking up the National League North Player of the Year as a result and had nothing but positive things to say about the club and particularly its manager, Marcus Bignot.

He said: ''It's a good club. When the gaffer first took over and I'd first gone there, it was a bit of a shambles in terms of how it was set up but the gaffer came in and got it running like a proper club.

''They've got bigger attendances and have even got an academy now with younger age groups coming through so yeah, they're building themselves up like a community club now.

The striker has hit 11 goals in all competitions so far this season, a very respectable total, but also feels that there is more to come from him.

''I came in and started scoring goals straight away, my form has sort of fluctuated a bit over the time, I think being a young player is natural.

''I wanna be in good form all the time but its natural that I'm gonna have ups and downs, bad games here and there.

''The good thing is I'm playing in a good team, I'm playing for the best team in the league for me so that obviously helps when I go out on to the pitch.''

Being at Town has been different for the striker, particularly with him returning to full-time football after dropping down to part-time level following his release from Celtic.

''Obviously at my age its all about improving technically, tactically and mentally,'' said Bogle.

''Technically, I'm training every day with better players and then tactically, I'm improving because its a new style of football in a different system to what I'm used too"

''I'm improving mentally as well, I think, and that's the big thing at the moment because I'm nowhere near first choice striker and for me, that's something new.

''I'm used to being the one that teams rely on but now I'm down the pecking order and at the end of the day, you've gotta deal with that as a player because you with that because its not every club you'll go where you gonna be first choice so I'm just learning to deal with that, and a lot of it is down to the team as well.

Whilst Bogle isn't starting every game like he may like with the likes of top scorer Padraig Amond, Jon-Paul Pittman and loan pair Alex Jones and James Alabi providing a lot of competition, he is up for the challenge of fighting for his place in the team and eager to make the most of the opportunities that he does get on the pitch.

He said: ''Every chance you get, you've gotta grasp it as much as you can.

''I came on against Shrewsbury in the week for 13 minutes and I thught I did well, I was a threat when I came on and almost scored so I think that can only help me going forward into getting back into the team.''

Source: www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk

Source

Archived