Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Harriers boss fumes after Trophy exit

FF News

Kidderminster Harriers boss Dave Hockaday pulled no punches in his post-match view of Saturday's FA Trophy exit at the hands of Stourbridge.

Harriers looked to have been well on their way to victory having taken the lead at the War Memorial Ground and created a hat-full of further opportunities.

However, a quick-fire double from the hosts as Hockaday's men were caught napping at the back capped a swift turnaround that saw the Glassboys win 2-1, knocking Harriers out of both the FA Cup and Trophy in the space of a couple of months.

The gaffer understandably made his views crystal clear when he met the media shortly after full time, and insisted there could be no excuses for the way the side ended up on the losing end of the encounter.

He said: "Whereas we came here the first time and I was looking at players and we weren't anywhere near where we should be - we know [what we should be doing] now.

"We were 1-0 up and had chances to win it, and haven't taken them - that will be addressed.

"We haven't defended set plays because we have supposedly big players who don't want to put their head on the ball, and that isn't acceptable either.

"Apologies to the fans - I'm angry and it hurts me, but it doesn't hurt enough people in my dressing room and that will be sorted.

"The fans have turned up in their numbers again and they deserve better than that... it isn't good enough."

Source: www.harriers.co.uk

Source

Archived