Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Shrivvy boss hoping for Christmas turnaround

FF News

Michael McNally is hoping that his troops are ready to keep on working through the festive period as Shrivenham look to turn their fortunes around.

Bottom-of-the-table Shrivvy face Cirencester Town Development, second-from-bottom New College and 11th-placed Clanfield in their next three outings and manager McNally is sensing an opportunity for his team to claw themselves out of the mire.

The Barrington Park boss has his fingers crossed that his players are ready to roll up their socks. “We’ve got Cirencester followed by New College and Clanfield, and they are three games where we have got to be looking to get some points on the board,” said the Barrington Park boss in the Swindon Advertiser.

“If we can go and get two or three positive results, then you can easily be sat halfway up the league and you wonder what all the fuss is about. I have been there myself as a player; when you are at the top of the tree, it is great and I’ve been at the bottom, where I have been in teams where we have struggled and it is hard to get out of that.

Even though I have won stuff and played in good teams, I have also played in bad teams and we have had to scrap for each other and you get more out of that then you do winning stuff. “We’ll stick together and with a bit of luck, we’ll get one or two more experienced players in and we’ll be ok. I’m afraid, in football, you either lose a game by a wonder-strike or eight times out of 10, it is down to individual mistakes. We have got to cut out the mistakes and just be tight.”

Source: www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/football

Source

Archived