Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Askey delighted with Silkmen win

FF News

Macclesfield Town picked up a much needed victory in the National League at the weekend as Kristian Dennis netted his 18th league goal of the season to give the Silkmen all three points against Welling.

The 1-0 win over the Wings came after back-to-back league defeats against Southport and Eastleigh, and now Macc sit just two points off the play-off positions.

Following the win, manager, John Askey, expressed his delight as his side earned an important win to get them back on track.
He said: “We needed that, we’d lost two games, I don’t think we deserved to lose them. I thought the officials had their part to play in those two games that we lost, so it was really important that we got back to winning ways without any excuses.”
Macclesfield are now in a strong spot to push up the table in the new year and with a run of results, Askey is hopeful that his team can challenge at the top end of the table.

“To be going into Christmas with 41 points, that’s what we were hoping to do, I think we’ve played the majority of the top teams at home and we haven’t got too many long journeys now. It looks good on paper, hopefully we can put the performances in to get near the play-offs or even further than that.”

Source: www.mtfc.co.uk

Source

Archived