Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

We have the quality says Rovers boss Brabin

FF News

Tranmere Rovers boss Gary Brabin remains upbeat that results will improve after his team's 1-1 draw against FC Halifax Town last Saturday.

The manager was pleased with his side's performance and said they deserved more than the one point they picked up at The Shay.

He told Tranmere Player: "I think the honesty and endeavour of the players warrants more than what we've been getting at the moment.

"Saturday was a good performance and we were unfortunate not to win the game. We scored one, hit the post twice and I think it was 19 shots on target that we had, so it's not a bad tally in terms of creating chances but we need to convert more of those.

"I think we have quality in the squad, the lads are rolling their sleeves up and we've gone back to doing the simple things right. I always feel like we can create chances and scoring goals."

Ahead of the busy Christmas period, Brabin said that there was one additional fitness worry following last weekend's game.

He said: "The main injury concern ahead of the Christmas games is Liam Ridehalgh. He's not trained with us so far this week after he took a knock to his ankle, but we'll know a bit more in the next few days.

"Martin Riley and Marcus Holness have both had a few more days training with us this week, so they're getting stronger towards being back in the squad."

Source: www.tranmererovers.co.uk

Source

Archived