Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Yeltz boss unhappy with derby defeat

FF News

Halesowen Town boss John Hill admitted poor defending cost his side a deserved point in the No 9 Derby that saw Stourbridge win 3-2 in a thrilling contest at the War Memorial Ground.

Hill said "We had a set way of defending against Karl Hawley and Justin Richards as they are both very experienced and we simply did not carry out those instructions.

He continued "As for picking up off set plays, well that was awful and something we should be doing better with."

Before the deadlock was broken though there was a massive turning point in the game when Glassboys goalkeeper Lewis Solly was adjudged to have handled outside the area. Solly was given a yellow card, but Hill reckons the shotstopper was lucky to stay on the pitch.

He said "I thought it should have been a red and I think the Stourbridge management were fearing the worst too, as they were preparing for their substitute ready to come on."

"The referee accepted that it was deliberate handball, but told me it was then a foot race between striker and defender so deemed it a yellow card. I disagree."

The Yeltz lead twice in the game 1-0 and 2-1 thanks to new signings Michael Turner and Kaiman Anderson and the boss was delighted they have hit the ground running immediately.

"Yes I was extremely pleased with both of them" Hill said.

He added "They have had only one training session together and I thought they did brilliantly. It was just a shame Mike was forced off with his head injury."

However Hill's side were pegged back twice and couldn't hold onto the point after a late winner from Leon Broadhurst. The gaffer said he was disappointed to see his side lose it so close towards the end.

"Very disappointing. We simply did not defend our box well enough all game.

"It was fantastic commitment, but we were very naive at times"

Source: Halesowen Town FC

Source

Archived