Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Kiernan commits to Beavers stay

FF News

Brendan Kiernan has signed a contract to remain at Hampton & Richmond Borough until the end of the season – and says the only thing in his mind is winning promotion.

The club have confirmed the four-goal attacker, who has been in red hot form since arriving on-loan from Bromley, is now officially a Beaver.

Kiernan has played a starring role since arriving on loan and his vital header in the 3-2 win over rivals Staines Town on Boxing Day prompted chairman Steve McPherson to make him ours.

Kiernan, 23, says knowing his future is secure will make his performances even better – and manager Alan Dowson was key to his decision to stay.

The former AFC Wimbledon man said: “I’m really happy to sign. All I have ever wanted to do is play and I’m loving life at Hampton. I’m in the team and the team is playing very well and getting win after win.

“It’s a great time to be involved. We’re playing good football and there are partnerships developing all over the pitch at the minute.

The dressing room is a fantastic place to be, it was an easy decision for me to stay on.”

Now the target is simple. The Beavers are joint top of the league at the end of 2015 and after five wins on the spin the goal is to go up.

Kiernan added: “The main thing is to stay where we are and keep winning. Few people expected us to come on so strong – I’m here to help get the club promoted, it’s pretty straight forward. I wouldn’t have signed if I didn’t think that was a strong possibility.

“Enjoying it is the key. We’re playing with smiles on our faces, this is the best run Hampton have been on in a very long time.

“We’re just beginning to gel as a team. I think there is more to come from us which bodes really well.”

Source: Hampton and Richmond Borough

Source

Archived