Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Gingerbreads appoint Cope onto their Board

FF News

Evo-Stik Northern Premier League Grantham Town are heading into 2016 with a new director on board.

Sophie Cope was appointed before Christmas. Involved with the Premier Division club for the last decade, she has risen from ball girl to the boardroom.

Grantham also appointed the UK's first woman police constable a century ago and the club's officials say they are proud to add to the Lincolnshire town's reputation for promoting women in the workplace.

Grantham Town president Roger Booth said: “It is with great pride and pleasure that Grantham Town Football club announced the appointment of Sophie Cope as a club director.

"What an achievement for a young lady who first came to the club some 11 years ago during my time as chairman with her sister Becky who, along with Sophie, is a very important part of the team at Grantham. They have both been a credit to the club and themselves.

“Sophie’s appointment is very well earned from the early days of being a ball girl to rising through the ranks tackling any job she has been asked to do and at this time being one of the club's main fund raisers."

He added: "I look forward to working with her as the club president as I’m sure that my predecessor, the late George Freeston [the girls’ early mentor] would have been extremely proud."

Cope said: “I've been involved with the club for over 10 years now having been heavily involved behind the scenes for the last five. For me the club is massive and has huge potential with the facilities at this level it's a sleeping giant."

The club's main sponsor, JMP Solicitors, also backed Cope's promotion to the boardroon. Director Yvonne Carratt said: “We welcome Sophie’s appointment to the board and recognise the hard work she has put into the club. The appointment to the board is good news for Grantham and the club."

Source: www.evostikleague.co.uk

Source

Archived