Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Harrad hoping to help Gulls take flight

FF News

New Torquay United striker, Shaun Harrad, checked in at The Launa Windows Stadium on Tuesday determined to help the Gulls take flight.

Despite the frustration of seeing our game against Welling United fall victim of the wet weather, the 31 year-old is excited by the challenge that stands before him at a level where he has been a regular on the scoresheet in the past.

“Hopefully I can help point the club in the right direction,” said the former England ‘C’ International. “I am delighted to be here; I have fond memories of playing at The Launa Windows Stadium in the past and I’d like to think that I can do the business for Torquay this time.

“I’ve heard a lot of good things about the club and I know from first-hand experience how the supporters can get behind their team.

“I just can’t wait to get started now. It was frustrating when Tuesday’s game was called off because I am ready to go.”

Having served the likes of Notts County, Burton Albion and Cheltenham Town with success over the years, what qualities will the front-man bring to the team?

“You will always get 110% from me,” he added. “That’s the way I am; I’d also like to think that I will be a positive influence on the young lads here and help them progress.

“I know one or two of the lads already and I was at Notts County at the same time as the Gaffer, so it’s good to have familiar faces around as it will help me hit the ground running.”

Source: www.torquayunited.com

Source

Archived