Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Batch goes at St Neots Town

FF News

David Batch has resigned as manager of St Neots Town.

In a statement released tonight, Batch said it was his intention to retire from management at the end of the current campaign but that the team's current league position and work commitments have led to the timing of the decision.

Batch, who led the Saints to the Evo-Stik League Southern, Premier Division promotion play-offs last term, leaves the club following nine league games without a win and the team sitting 18th in the table.

"It was my intention, even if we went one step further than last year and gained promotion to the National League, to retire from football at the end of this season to enable me to enjoy more family time with my wife and four young kids, as well as maximising the increasing international opportunities which my business has," said Batch.

"Our new chairman (Lee Kearns) has told me that he wants me to drive the club forward alongside him, but with the play-offs for St Neots now looking very unlikely this season due to the unprecedented injury crises we have suffered since pre-season, as well as a requirement for me to travel to China more regularly, I think it's right for me to move that decision forward to allow a new manager a head start for next season.

"I would like to thank everyone at St Neots for my time there. I've always been made very welcome and the supporters have been great.

"I wish Lee every success with his new venture as owner and of course all the players and staff that have been there during my time, many of whom I have brought to the club.

"Finally my thanks to Mike Kearns (former chairman) whom I enjoyed working with very much and has, with the support of Lee, built a great club that I am sure will be successful in the future."

Director of football Iain Parr will take charge of the team for Saturday's home match with Chippenham, with an interim management team expected to be announced within the next three days.

Source: www.cambridge-news.co.uk

Source

Archived