Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cash crisis could lead to player exodus says Beaconsfield boss

FF News

Geoff Warner fears a player exodus at Beaconsfield SYCOB if the club's cash flow crisis is not sorted soon.

According to the manager, players have not been paid any expenses since November and two have already departed – with keeper Brendan Hazlett going to Harrow Borough and striker Jack Read to Wingate & Finchley.

With the club only four points off the Southern One Central play-off places, Warner would like reinforcements for the final push, but is concerned the opposite now may happen.

He said: “There's a lot going on at the club at the moment money-wise. The players have not been paid for December, and we'll see what effect it has over the next few weeks.

“Fortunately our link up with the FAB Academy means we will never be short of players, but it's the older ones, whose experience is vital at this stage of the season, I fear losing.

“We've got enough points to stay up, and I would like to have signed one or two more to have a push at getting into the play-offs, because we're in good reach of them.”

Warner is also worried that any departures may now be hastened by SYCOB's Berks & Bucks Senior Cup semi-final defeat to Aylesbury on Monday night.

SYCOB took the lead through Sam Deadfield, but Aylesbury took control after Tristan Campbell's red card and booked a place in the final with a 3-2 win, despite Ashleigh Artwell's equaliser.

Warner said: “I was hoping we could keep hold of all the players we have left, but some might go now we're out of the cup.

“I was disappointed with the manner in which we went out. Aylesbury used their experience and surrounded the ref after Tristan's foul, and he panicked.

“The lino said it was a two-footed foul, but Tristan has only got one foot! But even with 10 men I thought we were the better side and had some good chances.

“A cup final would have been nice, and it's never nice to lose any semi-final. But we played really well, and we will just have to take the positives out of it.”

Source: www.getbucks.co.uk

Source

Archived