Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Non-League Show listener boosts Clarke fund with Gerrard shirt

FF News

A kind-hearted non-league football supporter has further boosted the fundraising efforts of Corby Town assistant manager David Clarke by pledging a signed Steven Gerrard Liverpool shirt to be added to the online fundraising auction for the Leicester Royal Infirmary.

Following David’s piece on BBC Radio 5 Live’s Non League Show last Sunday the club was contacted by a kind gentleman called John.

He explained that he had lost his mother to acute myeloid leukaemia 2 years ago and would like to help the auction by donating his own signed Steven Gerrard shirt.

Fellow goalkeeper David Stockdale also provided a signed 2015/16 Brighton and Hove Albion shirt to be added to the eBay auction to boost the fund even further.

Clarke told corbytownfc.co.uk; “I have been completely overwhelmed by the generosity of the football family in helping with this fundraising effort.

“I was really taken aback by the non-league supporter who heard me on the radio and decided to contact the club. I gave him a call and he has sent the shirt to be auctioned, truly amazing and a very generous man.”

Both of the additional shirts are now live on David’s eBay here

The auction has been organised with the help of David’s friends across the football and music world to raise money for the Osborne Ward at Leicester Royal Infirmary, where he has been treated since being diagnosed with leukaemia in September last year.

His aim is to buy them some fitness equipment to be used by the long term patients who are fighting their own battles with cancer.

Source: Corby Town FC

Source

Archived