Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Gulls winger happy with development

FF News

Torquay United wide-man, Shepherd Murombedzi, is sure to have a key role to play during the business end of the season.

The 21 year-old possesses the kind of pace and skill on the ball that can cause all sorts of problems, as has been the case as an impact substitute as the opposition start to tire.

“This has been a season of transition for me,” admitted the one time Manchester United and Reading junior who arrived at The Launa Windows Stadium during the summer. “It’s my first full season of men’s football and it’s taken some adjustment, to be honest.

“That said, I’ve found it very educating and have learned a lot in such a short space of time, things that will really stand me in good stead for the future.

“There has been a lot going on during my time here, but throughout it all the team spirit has remained good and it’s important to keep it that way as we fight to climb up the League table.”

Whilst Murombedzi has started just seven of his 19 League games for the club so far, he welcomes the added competition that the recent signings have brought to the squad.

“It’s always good to have competition,” he added without hesitation. “It will help to keep everyone on their toes and sharp. The Gaffer has options now and there has been more experience added to the side, which in turn will help the younger lads like myself.

“I know that I have to keep working hard so that I am ready to take my chance when it comes along. It’s about maintaining high standards and consistently doing the right things."

It was former manager, Paul Cox, who brought Murombedzi to South Devon, but he has built up a good rapport with Kevin Nicholson.

“The Gaffer is having a good impact on the players,” he went on. “You can see that in how we’ve improved in a number of aspects of our game since he’s been in charge.

“There’s a real togetherness and that extends to the supporters too. The fans have been unbelievable so far this season. Their support is so important to us and gives us that extra push in games.

“We’re going to need that backing more than ever during the battles that lie ahead; the games are coming thick-and-fast and each one takes on great importance.

“I just want to be involved as much as I can and make a telling contribution, be that scoring goals or providing opportunities for others. As a footballer you want to be out there in the middle of all the action and playing your part.

“I have set myself some personal targets. I prefer to keep them to myself, but the one thing I will say is that I will do my best to help get this club out of the situation that it currently finds itself in.”

Source: www.torquayunited.com

Source

Archived