Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

McGinn named as new Carshalton Athletic manager

FF News

Chris McGinn has been appointed as the new manager of Carshalton Athletic

He steps into the role vacated by Matt Howard, who left the club on Thursday.

Athletic chairman Paul Dipre released a statement on the club's website confirming the appointment.

It read "I am pleased to announce the appointment of Chris McGinn as first team manager. Chris is a highly experienced coach, a registered FA tutor, mentor and assessor and runs the national deaf football team.

Chris has coached at the highest level and worked with players such as Dennis Bergkamp, Fabrice Muamba, Jack Wilshere, Bobby Zamora, Raheem Sterling and coaches Liam Brady, David Platt, Don Howe, Sven Goran Eriksson and Martin Jol,

His primary brief is to improve the performance of the first team and develop the quality we undoubtedly have in the squad. Chris will also play a part in the Carshalton Athletic development teams from U16's to the reserves to help our ambitions towards home grown players.

I am sure that fans, players and staff will join me in supporting Chris in his new role.

Paul Dipre"

Source: Carshalton Athletic

Source

Archived