Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Turvey accepts Basingstoke Town presidential role

FF News

Basingstoke Town have announced that Alan Turvey has accepted the invitation to be President of the club.

Turvey is well known in Football circles at National Level and was formally a Class One Referee officiating at the highest levels for a number of years.

He was an elected member of The Football Association Council for 16 years during which time he served as a Main Board Director and the following Committees – Discipline, Membership, Financial Regulatory, Authority, Representative Matches.
Turvey is now an Honorary Member of The Football Association and a Life Vice President of Hampshire Football Association and recently retired as Chairman of The Isthmian Football League after 33 years.

In 2014 Alan was invited to Buckingham Palace to receive an award for ’Exceptional Services to Grass Roots Football’ which was presented by HRH Prince William The Duke of Cambridge.

Alan is a Life Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Marketing and Chairman and Trustee of Basingstoke Voluntary Services a respected local Charity. Prior to retirement was Sales and Marketing Director of an International Company.

Has also been President of England Indoor Bowls Association, President of Hampshire Indoor Bowls Association, Hampshire County Bowls Association and Old Basing Bowling Club.

Chairman Rafi Razzak said “We have been discussing the role of President with Alan for a few weeks and are delighted he has accepted. He brings not only a wealth of football administration experience, but is well known and respected throughout the local area”.

Alan Turvey said “I have always followed Basingstoke’s results and always enjoy attending their games, and the friendly and family atmosphere that exists. I hope I can offer, experience, from my footballing and commercial background to good use alongside some very hard working people at the club”

Source: Basingstoke Town FC

Source

Archived