Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

lita in england squad

hartgeman

here is the story:

Bristol City striker Leroy Lita has expressed his surprise at receiving his first-ever call-up to the England Under-21 squad.

Young Lions boss Peter Taylor, who faced Lita on Saturday when Taylor's side Hull City faced The Robins, has drafted the 20-year-old in after a calf injury ruled out Ipswich Town goalscorer Darren Bent.

Lita will be available for the England Under-21 friendly against their counterparts from Holland at Derby County's Pride Park on Tuesday.

Despite the shock delight at receiving a call-up, the former Ashton Gate trainee was keen on earning international recognition with England.

"It's the call I've been waiting for," Lita told the club's official website. "I found out about nine o'clock this [sunday] evening.

"I just started jumping around the room. It's all happened so quickly and it's hard to take it in, I'm so excited.

"I'm quite pleased we played Hull this weekend because obviously Peter Taylor is the England Under-21 gaffer.

"Hopefully, he likes what he has seen and that's why I've been called up.

"Although I'm from Congo originally, I've got a British passport and have lived in England for 15 years now.

"Wales have shown interest in me in the past at Under-21 level. But the England call-up is the one I've been waiting for."

AGREE if Sven was a brilliant manager you could perhaps justify it. However, we have so many talented football managers in this country surely it's not necessary to have a foreigner managing the national side?