Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

January Fixtures - Div Two

6th

DIVISION TWO (2.00)

Aston Clinton Markyate

Kings Langley Flamstead

Loughton Orient Pitstone & Ivinghoe

Old Bradwell United Tring Corinthians

Risborough Rangers Mursley United

Totternhoe Padbury United

13th

DIVISION TWO (2.00)

Caddington Pitstone & Ivinghoe

Mursley United Flamstead

Old Bradwell United Risborough Rangers

The 61 FC (Luton) M.K. Scot or

Padbury United

Tring Corinthians Markyate

20th

DIVISION TWO (2.00)

AFC Dunstable Risborough Rangers

Caddington Old Bradwell United

Kent Athletic Crawley Green

Kings Langley Mursley United

Loughton Orient Padbury United

M.K. Scot Flamstead

The 61 FC (Luton) Markyate

Totternhoe Pitstone & Ivinghoe

27th

DIVISION TWO (2.00)

AFC Dunstable Aston Clinton

Crawley Green Old Bradwell United

Loughton Orient Caddington

M.K. Scot Markyate

Padbury United Kings Langley

Pitstone & Ivinghoe Mursley United

Risborough Rangers Kent Athletic

Tring Corinthians Totternhoe

Thankfully we have an away draw in the Beds Senior Trophy or it would be a full house of home games in January, at this rate I'll have all the programmes done by the end of February!!!!

Sorry to keep going on about it, obviously I like doing them or else I wouldn't but back to back (to back) programmes can be a pain, and having just done 7 in the last 8 weeks (the away match was originally scheduled for home, whilst next weeks home game has been called off so it could have been 9 on the spin) its annoying that they are not more spread out, for numerous reasons.

On the playing side of things it could be a good January, both league games are certainly winable, whilst Caddington away in the BST should prove tough but again one that we can win through on as is the home game at the end of the month in the Anagram Records Trophy against Takeley.

That's one of the drawbacks of monthly fixtures. If the whole year is done at once, it's more obvious to the compiler that blocks of home or away games are happening for some teams. Having said that, 5 of them have been cup games drawn at home for you haven't they?

In April 2001 I had to do 11 programmes as we played catch up following the pitch floods of late 2000. It virtually turned into a full time job.

Yes, a lot of home cup draws which the fixture secretary can't do a lot about, however I would have said that monthly fixtures would have made it easier, for example with an away cup draw on the first Saturday of the month (January) and an home one on the last Saturday, why not have a home match on the second Saturday followed by an away match, then their would be alternative home/away matches through the month.

Its not as if we are playing catch up with home fixtures, we have played more league home matches than away.