Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Paul Gascoigne

Finnish International Marko Tuomela who now plays in Sweden trained last week with one of the top club in China. At the same time there was also Paul Gascoigne. Tuomela said according to Swedish press that everyone could see that Paul's soccer career is over. Paul was not of excess weight, sooner lean. Nothing was wrong with his head, but he had lost muscle power in his legs. His moving was poor and some club could sign with him for PR purposes only, said Tuomela.

Maybe Paul is something for Non League?

i think it is a sad fall from grace that someone who has brought joy to millions of fans worldwide with his ability and at times breath taking genius has to go all the way to China to try and get a game.

i hope he does not end up playing non league football as that really would be a fall from grace, world cup 90 ....euro 96 and all that,

Prime example of the old adage, "When you're up to your neck in a hole, stop digging!"

If he wants to play at ANY level then he should have looked after himself better. I don't think even Jeff would want him for his crowd-pulling. He's a liability.

I watched him play last year at Docklands Arena for a friendly Euro Cup and then again for spurs when they got the old greats out against DC United. Couldnt believe it was the same player as World Cup 90 and Euro 96.

Not sure if he would get a game in a competition over Waterside at the moment.

I read more about Paul from Swedish web sites. The name of the Chinese club is Lianong, location in Beijing. Paul Gascoigne was only a guest in training (came to training place and probably was not invited to train there) and played only 45 minutes.

Pages - are you my alter ego? I was also at both of those events last year, even got to meet Gazza before the Masters. Thought he looked alright for Klinsmann's Testimonial, but he was terrible at the masters! Apparently, he was going to join St. Pauli in Germany, but has now gone to Romania to play there!

The latest news: Gazza has signed for Chinese second league team Gansu Tianman. He is the playing mangager of the team during next nine months. The town is called Lanzhou, it is an industrial town, province is Gansun, one of the poorest province in China.