Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
cantos

Happy Christmas Thread

That would make Alabama be Redneck Central. I've only been to Gulf Shores, which was a nice place as long as none of the locals spoke. I couldn't understand a word they were twanging.. er.. saying.

grin They have such a strong southern drawl that most of the country can't understand them. Somewhat like the folk from New Jersey. wink

I did have to laugh though, because when we went for breakfast every morning, no matter where we went, or what we ordered, we were asked if "ya'll want grits with that hon?". You'd think they were asking if we wanted caviar the way they sounded like they were offering something special!

Did you see the episode of Top Gear where they had to drive through Alabama? I just hope everyone who saw that episode doesn't think the everyone in America is like those rednecks. crazy

It does feel about the same, doesn't it?

When I was working a job several years ago, there were layoffs going on, a few or a department a week, for about 4 weeks. Those of us waiting our turn would always ask each other "You want fries with that?", saying we were practicing for our next job.