Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 24-September 18 )

• Photo
    Charles Windsor

• Photo
    fred_the_red

• Photo
    Thefan

• Photo
    LadyDi

• Photo
    FarleighArmy

Photo

Vince McBean's Statement. Clapton FC

- - - - -
vince mcbean clapton

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
5 replies to this topic

offline KevinB

KevinB
  • At the Turnstiles

An interesting, and possibly delusional, statement from Vince McBean on the Clapton official website.

Is he finally under pressure?

www.claptonfc.com

Edited by KevinB, 7 May 2013 - 07:23 AM.

offline Basil-Don

Basil-Don
  • First XI - Sub's Bench

Somethings clearly going on at Clapton and outsiders have no idea what  but i must hasten to add that football clubs are complex organisations and very rarely are the bad guys and good guys what people perceive them to be,the truth is rarely simple.  

offline spotteddog

spotteddog
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
  • Supports: Clapton and Brentford
  • Twitter

Things are going on Clapton and a lot of people do know but have, for some reason, not been prepared to address it.  However, it is only when one fully investigates the issues, that the full scale of the problem becomes apparent.

Fortunately, Supporters Direct, a group who one would not normally associate with personal ambition and opportunism, are very much involved and hopefully will be playing in active part in addressing matters concerning Clapton FC

Whilst I appreciate your comments about the complexities of a football club, things speak for themselves.  Loss of Ryman league status, removal of Full FA membership, recent scare over forfeiture of the lease on the ground etc.

A question.  Would you like a person, such as Mr McBean, at Basildon?

offline Basil-Don

Basil-Don
  • First XI - Sub's Bench

i dont know Mr McBean, probably spoken to him twice,i do know hes been there for many years and the club still exists which must rank as some kind of acheievement, Clapton lost their ryman status as division two was scrapped, full membership of the FA is pointless you just pay more for the same service you receive as Associate members,i recognise the great work which people have done at Clapton in the last 12 months and i think you have a good manager in Chris Wood  my advice would be to keep all internal club business internal, my point was that no one knows what goes on at clubs, so many egos,agendas and people nicking pound notes the best clubs find a way of controlling such issues but its never easy, personally i think all this public debate is taking the gloss off the great work people have done there this season.

offline spotteddog

spotteddog
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
  • Supports: Clapton and Brentford
  • Twitter

As you say, people on the outside have no clue what goes on at some football clubs.  :wacko:

offline manontheinside

manontheinside
  • Reserves
  • Supports: Barkingside /Redbridge/Clapton/Ilford/Waltham Forest/Fulham

Keeping a football club going when a chairman is only interested in keeping the club's head above water only delays the inevitable as Ilford have found out this seasonh although they may be reprieved from ESL demotion.

Clapton still existing is not due to Vince McBean in any way shape or form as there have been many people queuing up to run the club properly , it is the likeS  of Chris Woods, Rob Lewis,Carl Masters, Wilfred Thomas , Jim White, Colin Walton, Jenny Oli , Dickson Gill ,Lucelta Eugene etc who should be name chaecked as to who have kept the club existing after all these years when the Ryman and London FA have been on the brink of closing them down over the years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus