Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Shaymen caretaker hails team performance

FF News

FC Halifax Town moved off the bottom of the table with a terrific victory against high flyers Dover Athletic.

A brace from Shaun Tuton, and goals from Jordan Burrow and Nicky Wroe gave the Shaymen a 4-2 victory. Tuton bagged his seventh goal in three games and Burrow took his tally to 13 for the season.

Jim Harvey, who is in caretaker charge of the Shaymen, got his second win in as many games and believes it was a great performance by the side.

“It was terrific. Obviously we want to win but what I was looking for first is a performance following on from last week. If we hadn’t of won but we had of got a performance that would of kept me happy because going forward you need to have a performance.”

“We got both today. We got a really good performance, which was gutsy and determined, against a very good Dover side. I watched them on Tuesday and they were excellent, I thought they were very good today and had some really tricky players and you can see why their at that end of the table.”

The Shaymen have showed great character in their game against Gateshead and again today to restore the two-goal cushion on two occasions and Harvey believes that perfectly shows the attitude of the team.

“It sums it all up with the attitude, it was a whole team performance. If you have a team of individuals, which was possibly happening at the beginning of the season, it will catch up with you and you will break down and not get the results. These last two performances that we have had have been team performances, everyone has contributed and that is really going towards us getting the results.”

Harvey has applied for the managers job at FC Halifax Town and is love being back in the dugout as a manager. “I would like the job and if he (The Chairman) feels I’m the right man then I will get it. Football is a funny old thing though and we never know what will happen.”

Source: www.halifaxafc.co.uk

Source

Archived